Star trek: Voyager 5.03b - Timeless
Stardate 52143.6 and around 67150
Threat advisory: Severe - Severe risk of entertaining activities
Episode propagandaHaving stolen the Delta Flyer and a vital piece of restricted Borg technology, the galaxy's two most wanted criminals arrive on board Voyager with a plan that will change history. With all of Voyager's crew already dead, the USS Challenger's Captain Geordi La Forge (LeVar Burton) has orders to stop any further timeline tampering at any cost...
Persons of interest
- Kate Mulgrew .... Captain Kathryn Janeway
- Robert Beltran .... Commander Chakotay
- Roxann Dawson .... Lieutenant B'Elanna Torres
- Robert Duncan McNeill .... Lieutenant Tom Paris
- Robert Picardo .... the Emergency Medical Hologram
- Ethan Phillips .... Neelix
- Tim Russ .... Lieutenant Tuvok
- Jeri Ryan .... Seven of nine, tertiary adjunct to Unimatrix 01
- Garrett Wang .... Ensign Harry Kim
- Majel Barrett .... USS Voyager computer voice
- Christine Harnos .... Tessa
- LeVar Burton .... Captain Geordi La Forge, Director
- Brannon Braga .... Storywriter, Screenwriter
- Joe Menosky .... Storywriter, Screenwriter
- Rick Berman .... Storywriter
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
This episode takes us deep into Harry's psyche. Harry's wounded psyche. You see, fifteen years ago (four years, 2 months and 11 days after arriving in the Delta Quadrant), Voyager attempted to use Slipstream technology to return to Earth. In order to overcome some technical difficulties, Harry and Chakotay (soon to be Starfleet's most wanted) flew a couple of seconds ahead of Voyager to provide solutions to keep the Slipstream stable.
Unfortunately, Harry stuffed up and killed everyone on Voyager. Everyone. He and Chakotay returned to Earth to a hero's welcome, but that was no compensation for killing 150 of their fellow crewmembers.
So, aided by Chakotay's new girlfriend, Tessa, the two ex-Starfleet officers are attempting to change history. Captain La Forge of the USS Challenger is there to stop them.
Garrett Wang goes off in this episode, revealing a well of pain and bitterness that goes right down to the bottom of Harry's soul. All his anger, anguish, guilt and self-hatred seethe together in a cauldron of black despair, making very interesting viewing for your faithful Trekkie. Harry's absolute joy when he succeeds in his task to save Voyager (like you knew he wouldn't!) is a triumph. Go Harry! Go Garrett!
Chakotay, Tessa and the Doctor (resurrected from Voyager's frozen systems) serve as useful assistants to Harry's journey while the intervention of Captain La Forge jollies things along. (I suppose that it was cheaper to use LeVar on screen than anyone else because he was already being paid to direct!)
Voyager's fall from the Slipstream and subsequent crash landing on a Class L planet in the Tikara Sector (just outside the Alpha Quadrant) is a stunning piece of special effects. If you liked it when the Enterprise-D Saucer Section crash landed, this will blow your socks off! Compulsory viewing!
Security censorship classification
PG (Low level violence)
Not for public release in Australia before date
VHS rental and retail: 8 March 1999