Star trek: Voyager 4.13a - One
Threat advisory: Severe - Severe risk of entertaining activities
Episode propagandaWith Voyager's entire crew placed in stasis for a month, Seven of nine (Jeri Ryan) and the Doctor (Robert Picardo) are left alone in charge of the ship. Quickly irritated by each other's company, the two seek solitude. However, once alone Seven uncharacteristically finds herself vulnerable and afraid when her life and that of her sleeping shipmates are threatened...
Persons of interest
- Kate Mulgrew .... Captain Kathryn Janeway
- Robert Beltran .... Commander Chakotay
- Roxann Dawson .... Lieutenant B'Elanna Torres
- Robert Duncan McNeill .... Lieutenant Tom Paris
- Robert Picardo .... the Emergency Medical Hologram
- Ethan Phillips .... Neelix
- Tim Russ .... Lieutenant Tuvok
- Jeri Ryan .... Seven of nine, tertiary adjunct to Unimatrix 01
- Garrett Wang .... Ensign Harry Kim
- Majel Barrett .... USS Voyager computer voice
- Wade Williams .... Trakis Lo-Tarik
- Jeri Taylor .... Screenwriter
- Kenneth Biller .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Intelligence reportBig tits and attitude: thank the goddess they got rid of Kes.
Seven of Nine is the most exciting character to be introduced to Star trek since Spock. Her fall from Heaven to Earth (Borg perfection to Human imperfection) is one of classic mythology; her redemption (as with that of Lucifer) can be considered the reason for creation. Getting the crew of Voyager back to Sector 001 is just a vehicle for Seven's enlightenment. You Humans are extremely arrogant in your linear, species-centric little lives; it takes more than a glimpse of infinity to set you right.
Meanwhile, Seven's battle with her humanity is probed to its depth in this episode (written by executive producer, Jeri Taylor) as she falls prey to the demons that lurk within all humanoids.
Isolation-induced hysteria is a stunning experience.
Jeri Ryan absolutely shines in this role and in this episode: her casting was as inspired as her character's creation. Watch and feel the presence of the goddess.
Security censorship classification
PG (Low level violence)
Not for public release in Australia before date
VHS rental and retail: 1 December 1998