Star trek: Voyager 4.12b - Demon
Stardate around 50870
Threat advisory: High - High risk of entertaining activities
Episode propagandaWith Voyager down to its last few days of fuel, Harry Kim (Garrett Wang) and Tom Paris (Robert Duncan McNeill) seek supplies on a Demon class planet, the most inhospitable type known to Starfleet. When the pair are lost in suspicious circumstances, Janeway's (Kate Mulgrew) only option is to land Voyager on the planet, with disturbing consequences...
Persons of interest
- Kate Mulgrew .... Captain Kathryn Janeway
- Robert Beltran .... Commander Chakotay
- Roxann Dawson .... Lieutenant B'Elanna Torres
- Robert Duncan McNeill .... Lieutenant Tom Paris
- Robert Picardo .... the Emergency Medical Hologram
- Ethan Phillips .... Neelix
- Tim Russ .... Lieutenant Tuvok
- Jeri Ryan .... Seven of nine, tertiary adjunct to Unimatrix 01
- Garrett Wang .... Ensign Harry Kim
- Majel Barrett .... USS Voyager computer voice
- Alexander Enberg .... Ensign Vorik
- Andre Bormanis .... Storywriter
- Kenneth Biller .... Screenwriter
- Anson Williams .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Intelligence reportHarry gets over it! About bloody time!
At last the young Ensign figures out what his balls are for, and uses them. Unfortunately for him, it means heading for a Class Y planet, but that's life in Starfleet.
Like its companion episode on this tape, Demon is a quality story to keep you hanging on during the off-season. The plot is better than usual, the dialogue and characterisation smoke and the special effects get more expensive.
The creation of a new species on one of the nastier planets for humanoids in the known galaxy is a stunning achievement for the Voyager crew. Other Starfleeters have encountered new organic life forms, but few create them. And Blue Alert? I just love it: remember when Voyager first landed on a planet? I nearly wet myself!
And for those who like the secondary characters more than some of the primaries, Vorik makes another appearance (horny Vulcan men are just as exciting as horny Klingon women).
Watch this episode and learn a thing or two about people you thought you already knew...
Security censorship classification
PG (Low level violence)
Not for public release in Australia before date
VHS rental and retail: 1 December 1998