Star trek: Voyager 4.07a - Waking moments
Stardate around 51499.3
Threat advisory: Elevated - Significant risk of entertaining activities
Voyager is threatened when the crew begin to experience a series of bad dreams, all of which feature an unfamiliar being (Mark Colson), and all of which lead to the dreaming crew member being imprisoned in Cargo Bay 3. Only two people are unaffected: the Doctor (Robert Picardo), and Chakotay (Robert Beltran), who is undergoing medical treatment in Sickbay...
Persons of interest
- Kate Mulgrew .... Captain Kathryn Janeway
- Robert Beltran .... Commander Chakotay
- Roxann Dawson .... Lieutenant B'Elanna Torres
- Robert Duncan McNeill .... Lieutenant Tom Paris
- Robert Picardo .... the Emergency Medical Hologram
- Ethan Phillips .... Neelix
- Tim Russ .... Lieutenant Tuvok
- Jeri Ryan .... Seven of nine, tertiary adjunct to Unimatrix 01
- Garrett Wang .... Ensign Harry Kim
- Majel Barrett .... USS Voyager computer voice
- Mark Colson .... The alien
- Jennifer Grundy .... Ensign
- Andre Bormanis .... Screenwriter
- Alexander Singer .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
An interesting premise that examines a genuinely new species.
The good part of this episode is that it delves into the subconscious of the Voyager crew, including poor old Harry Kim. The not so good parts are that it treats Chakotay's mystic stuff with the same seriousness as holodeck technology (I really think that spirituality and technology don't mix - isn't that why all fantasies are set in the middle ages?), and uses the new beings as a plot device rather than a new culture that's worthy of examination.
It's an entertaining enough yarn, but not one that you desperately need to see.
Security censorship classification
PG (Medium level violence)
Not for public release in Australia before date
VHS rental and retail: 12 August 1998