Star trek: Voyager 4.04b - Year of Hell I
Stardate 51268.4 (-65 days)
Threat advisory: Severe - Severe risk of entertaining activities
Episode propagandaFacing weapons and an enemy against which Voyager has no defences, Janeway is forced into a running battle. With the majority of her crew injured or dead, and the badly damaged Voyager no longer able to support the survivors, the Captain faces the prospect of abandoning ship 65,000 light years from home...
Persons of interest
- Kate Mulgrew .... Captain Kathryn Janeway
- Robert Beltran .... Commander Chakotay
- Roxann Dawson .... Lieutenant B'Elanna Torres
- Robert Duncan McNeill .... Lieutenant Tom Paris
- Robert Picardo .... the Emergency Medical Hologram
- Ethan Phillips .... Neelix
- Tim Russ .... Lieutenant Tuvok
- Jeri Ryan .... Seven of nine, tertiary adjunct to Unimatrix 01
- Garrett Wang .... Ensign Harry Kim
- Majel Barrett .... USS Voyager computer voice
- John Loprieno .... Obrist
- Peter Slutsker .... the Krenim Commandant
- Rick Fitts .... the Zahl
- Deborah Levin .... Ensign Lang
- Sue Henley .... Ensign Brooks
- Kurtwood Smith .... Annorax
- Brannon Braga .... Screenwriter
- Joe Menosky .... Screenwriter
- Allan Kroeker .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
Special Agent Matti
Remember that episode where Kes travelled backwards through time? The one where Katherine and B'Elanna died? The one where they mentioned the Year of hell? Well this is it.
With typical video alacrity, the hype has told you the entire plot in four lines, and I am about to tell you some more because I can. Seven of nine is a babe. As her character replaced Kes, she gets to do the things Kes did in the precursor episode. We also get to see the new Astrometrics room (a scaled down for TV version of the map room on the Enterprise-D in Generations, integrating Borg technology). There is some technobabble. There is some muddying of the timeline. There is a year of hell.
Oh look, just watch the damn thing. It's worth every second.
Security censorship classification
Not for public release in Australia before date
VHS rental and retail: 25 June 1998
[ Return to top ]
Each of you has done your best. But determination alone isn't going to hold this ship together. It's time we faced reality. We've lost nine decks. More than half the ship has been destroyed. Life support is nearly gone. Voyager can no longer sustain its crew. I promised myself that I would never give this order, that I would never break up this family but asking you to stay... would be asking you to die. You will proceed to the escape pods, and evacuate this vessel. Set your course for the Alpha Quadrant. Along the way, try to find allies. Secure faster ships if you can. Anything to get home. The senior staff and I will remain on board as long as possible. We will try, somehow, to rescue Tom and Chakotay. The escape pods are equipped with subspace beacons. That's how we'll keep track of you. When we find each other again and we will, we will find each other again, I expect all of you to be in one piece with some interesting stories to tell. Good luck.