Star trek: Voyager 3.08b - Blood fever
Threat advisory: Severe - Severe risk of entertaining activities
Episode propagandaPreparing for an away mission, Ensign Vorik (Alexander Enberg) suddenly declares his passionate desire to mate with B'Elanna Torres (Roxann Dawson). When she firmly rejects his advances, he attacks her and briefly initiates a telepathic link. Later, deep in some dangerous mines, B'Elanna herself begins to experience strong, difficult to control, mating urges...
Persons of interest
- Kate Mulgrew .... Captain Kathryn Janeway
- Robert Beltran .... Commander Chakotay
- Roxann Dawson .... Lieutenant B'Elanna Torres
- Jennifer Lien .... Kes
- Robert Duncan McNeill .... Lieutenant Tom Paris
- Robert Picardo .... the Emergency Medical Hologram
- Ethan Phillips .... Neelix
- Tim Russ .... Lieutenant Tuvok
- Garrett Wang .... Ensign Harry Kim
- Majel Barrett .... USS Voyager computer voice
- Alexander Enberg .... Ensign Vorik
- Bruce Bohne .... Ishan
- Deborah Levin .... Ensign Lang
- Lisa Klink .... Screenwriter
- Andrew Robinson .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Intelligence reportThe only thing that is sexier than a Vulcan male or a Klingon female is a Vulcan male and a Klingon female.
This is the lustiest Star trek episode ever, with rampaging hormones surging all over the place and intimate investigations of sexual mores and mating practices; it was all a little moist for this Trekkie. I nearly slid off the couch.
What annoyed me, however, is that I'd already imagined the whole darned scenario (but with myself as the Vulcan undergoing pon farr - I want those ears!) during one of my more hormonal creative imagination sessions. What really delighted me (apart from the rumpy pumpy) was the strong evolution of the relationship between B'Elanna and Tom. What a sacrifice, to forgo sex with the one you are falling in love with in the hope that one day you'll get more. Tom always was a gambler.
What's even more exciting is that Voyager runs into some old friends of the UFP: The Borg. Guess who's coming to dinner...
Security censorship classification
M (Adult themes)
Not for public release in Australia before date
DVD retail: 9 September 2004