Star trek: Voyager 3.07b - Alter ego
Threat advisory: High - High risk of entertaining activities
A distracted Harry Kim (Garrett Wang) goes to seek advice from Tuvok (Tim Russ). The Ensign explains that he has fallen in love with a holodeck character, Marayna (Sandra Nelson) and requires Vulcan techniques to help it pass. Tuvok agrees to assist but, when faced with the computer generated character, has to admit she is rather... intriguing.
Persons of interest
- Kate Mulgrew .... Captain Kathryn Janeway
- Robert Beltran .... Commander Chakotay
- Roxann Dawson .... Lieutenant B'Elanna Torres
- Jennifer Lien .... Kes
- Robert Duncan McNeill .... Lieutenant Tom Paris
- Robert Picardo .... the Emergency Medical Hologram, Director
- Ethan Phillips .... Neelix
- Tim Russ .... Lieutenant Tuvok
- Garrett Wang .... Ensign Harry Kim
- Majel Barrett .... USS Voyager computer voice
- Sandra Nelson .... Marayna
- Alexander Enberg .... Vorik
- Shay Todd .... a hologram
- Joe Menosky .... Screenwriter
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Intelligence reportWhy is it always Harry?
Anyhoo, like all the other holodeck episodes, this one is a little weak apart from the joke on Harry and the fascination by Tuvok. Hang on, that's the whole ep. Ok, this is a good ep, one of the best holodeck episodes in the Star trek pantheon.
Of course, you know that the holo-chick isn't just another computer-generated bimbo, but the ending isn't at all what you expect. There's even a good dose of technobabble and a pretty special effect in case you aren't into drama, so it's still worth watching.
Security censorship classification
PG (Low level violence)
Not for public release in Australia before date
DVD retail: 9 September 2004