Star trek: Voyager 3.04b - Future's end I
Stardate around 50310 and 1967 and 1996 CE
Threat advisory: High - High risk of entertaining activities
Episode propagandaVoyager encounters a temporal rift, and is suddenly under attack from the UFP time ship, Aeon. The Aeon's Captain Braxton (Allan G Royal) declares his mission is to destroy Voyager, in order to prevent Earth's destruction in the 29th century. Janeway retaliates in defence, but as both ships engage in a fierce battle they are drawn into the rift and hurled back to Earth and 1996...
Persons of interest
- Kate Mulgrew .... Captain Kathryn Janeway
- Robert Beltran .... Commander Chakotay
- Roxann Dawson .... Lieutenant B'Elanna Torres
- Jennifer Lien .... Kes
- Robert Duncan McNeill .... Lieutenant Tom Paris
- Robert Picardo .... the Emergency Medical Hologram
- Ethan Phillips .... Neelix
- Tim Russ .... Lieutenant Tuvok
- Garrett Wang .... Ensign Harry Kim
- Majel Barrett .... USS Voyager computer voice
- Allan G Royal .... Captain Braxton
- Sarah Silverman .... Rain Robinson
- Ed Begley Junior .... Bill Gates... er... Henry Starling
- Christian R Conrad .... Dunbar
- Brannon Braga .... Screenwriter
- Joe Menosky .... Screenwriter
- David Livingston .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
Special Agent Matti
Intelligence reportTime travel, hmmm.
I am always somewhat suspicious of the old time travel trick, but this episode does it quite well (despite having Voyager end up once again in contemporaneous USA). There're paradoxes, technobabble, humour, danger, revelation, and romance: all the things you'd want in a TV show. I decline to go into specifics because that would spoil things for you, so just watch it and enjoy.
I will say, however, that Bill Gates steals all his technology from time travellers, alien beings invade Earth, Tom gets horny, the Doctor gets a mobile holo-emitter, Voyager gets 29th century technology and Agent Tuvok wears a bandanna, but he's black so he gets away with it.
Security censorship classification
Not for public release in Australia before date
DVD retail: 9 September 2004