Star trek: Voyager 3.03a - False profits
Threat advisory: Elevated - Significant risk of entertaining activities
Episode propagandaSeeking a briefly appearing wormhole, Voyager's crew scan a nearby planet. Analysis suggests a bronze age level of development but also, strangely, a discharge of modern Alpha Quadrant technology. Investigation solves an earlier Ferengi mystery but presents an intriguing dilemma...
Persons of interest
- Kate Mulgrew .... Captain Kathryn Janeway
- Robert Beltran .... Commander Chakotay
- Roxann Dawson .... Lieutenant B'Elanna Torres
- Jennifer Lien .... Kes
- Robert Duncan McNeill .... Lieutenant Tom Paris
- Robert Picardo .... the Emergency Medical Hologram
- Ethan Phillips .... Neelix
- Tim Russ .... Lieutenant Tuvok
- Garrett Wang .... Ensign Harry Kim
- Majel Barrett .... USS Voyager computer voice
- Dan Shor .... Arridor
- Leslie Jordan .... Koll
- Michael Ensign .... the bard
- Rob Labelle .... Kafar
- Alan Altshuld .... the sandal maker
- John Walter Davis .... the merchant
- George A Brozak .... Storywriter
- Joe Menosky .... Screenwriter
- Cliff Bole .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
Special Agent Matti
Intelligence reportA Next generation tie-in.
False profits is entertaining enough on a slow day, but it's one of the weaker episodes, which you can give a miss if you want. Unless you happen to be a detail fanatic and you want to find out what happened to those two Ferengi who fell through the Barzan wormhole. The only saving grace is the examination of UFP ethics, both adherence to and bending of.
FYI: The title is a pun on False Prophets, which the Ferengi turn out to be. Ha, ha, ha.
Security censorship classification
PG (Low level violence)
Not for public release in Australia before date
DVD retail: 9 September 2004