Star trek: Voyager 2.07a - Dreadnought
Threat advisory: High - High risk of entertaining activities
Episode propagandaB'Elanna Torres (Roxann Dawson) must outwit her own brilliant expertise in computer system design. A previous success returns to test her, in the guise of an immensely powerful and destructive missile. Should she fail, two million innocent lives upon the peaceful planet Rakosa will be destroyed...
Persons of interest
- Kate Mulgrew .... Captain Kathryn Janeway
- Robert Beltran .... Commander Chakotay
- Roxann Dawson .... Lieutenant B'Elanna Torres
- Jennifer Lien .... Kes
- Robert Duncan McNeill .... Lieutenant Tom Paris
- Robert Picardo .... the Emergency Medical Hologram
- Ethan Phillips .... Neelix
- Tim Russ .... Lieutenant Tuvok
- Garrett Wang .... Ensign Harry Kim
- Majel Barrett .... USS Voyager computer voice
- Raphael Sbarge .... Ensign Michael Jonas
- Nancy Hower .... Ensign Wildman
- Michael Spound .... Jonas' Kazon contact
- Dan Kern .... First Minister Kellen
- Gary Holland .... Storywriter, Screenwriter
- Lisa Klink .... Screenwriter
- LeVar Burton .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Intelligence reportWhile this sounds a lot like the premise for Prototype (Stardate 49270.9), it is only a surface similarity. Dreadnought is really much more fun.
The stakes are higher, the moral dimension is greater, and the difficulty is more difficuLieutenant The irony (yes, it exists in USAmerica) is that the problem is one of B'Elanna's own creation. Love those Maquis!
They could have called the episode Frankenstein, except that title's already been taken. Lots of technobabble, lots of geek-speak and lots of drama. It's not often B'Elanna makes a mistake, but when she does, does she! Another good episode, now that the writers and actors are in the swing of things.
At least it isn't Harry Kim that's being beaten up on this time.
Security censorship classification
PG (Adult themes)
Not for public release in Australia before date