Star trek: Voyager 2.05b - Alliances
Threat advisory: High - High risk of entertaining activities
Episode propagandaRunning into terrible attacks by the Kazon, the Captain and crew of Voyager entertain the possibility of forming an alliance to increase their show of strength. Firstly they consider some of the Kazon factions, themselves, and then another group of itinerant people comes to their attention...
Persons of interest
- Kate Mulgrew .... Captain Kathryn Janeway
- Robert Beltran .... Commander Chakotay
- Roxann Dawson .... Lieutenant B'Elanna Torres
- Jennifer Lien .... Kes
- Robert Duncan McNeill .... Lieutenant Tom Paris
- Robert Picardo .... the Emergency Medical Hologram
- Ethan Phillips .... Neelix
- Tim Russ .... Lieutenant Tuvok
- Garrett Wang .... Ensign Harry Kim
- Majel Barrett .... USS Voyager computer voice
- Charles O Lucia .... Mabus
- Anthony Delongis .... Maje Culluh
- Martha Hackett .... Seska
- Raphael Sbarge .... Michael Jonas
- Larry Cedar .... Jal Tersa
- John Geggenhuber .... Jal Surat
- Simon Billig .... Ensign Hogan
- Mirron E Willis .... Rettik
- Jeri Taylor .... Screenwriter
- Les Landau .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Intelligence reportOh, yeah, violence and politics, what a combination!
While this episode is as much about reaffirming some things you already know but forget to remember (such as the superiority of UFP technology and the isolation of one ship in an entire quadrant) it also gives some insight into the politics of this section of the Delta Quadrant. It's really quite a good episode, for an episode with such a task. Very enjoyable dramas, with lots of Fire all weapons! which is always a welcome thing.
The arrival of the Trabe on the scene is timely for their having hung around Kazon-dominated space without being encountered by Voyager. They were first mentioned in Initiations, which is, in retrospect, a set-up for this episode. All this forward planning on the part of the Star trek producers just overwhelms your little Trekkie sometimes.
PS: As a general ethical concern, slavery is bad.
Security censorship classificationPG (Medium level violence)
Not for public release in Australia before date