Star trek: Voyager 2.01b - Non sequitur
Threat advisory: High - High risk of entertaining activities
Harry Kim (Garrett Wang) wakes to find himself in bed in San Francisco, instead of aboard Voyager. In this alternative reality, he is a successful Starfleet Command engineer with a beautiful fiancée, Libby (Jennifer Gatti). Anxious to return to his ship, Kim enlists the help of Tom Paris (Robert Duncan McNeill), a down-and-out hustler in Marseilles...
Persons of interest
- Kate Mulgrew .... Captain Kathryn Janeway
- Robert Beltran .... Commander Chakotay
- Roxann Dawson .... Lieutenant B'Elanna Torres
- Jennifer Lien .... Kes
- Robert Duncan McNeill .... Lieutenant Tom Paris
- Robert Picardo .... the Emergency Medical Hologram
- Ethan Phillips .... Neelix
- Tim Russ .... Lieutenant Tuvok
- Garrett Wang .... Ensign Harry Kim
- Majel Barrett .... USS Voyager computer voice
- Louis Gimbalvo .... Cosimo
- Jennifer Gatti .... Libby
- Jack Shearer .... Admiral Shearer
- Mark Kiely .... Lieutenant Lasca
- Brannon Braga .... Screenwriter
- David Livingston .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- FYI: "Non sequitur" is Latin for a conclusion that does not logically follow from the premise; a "hustler" is someone who plays pool very well, but is also a man who has sex for money - that wacky Tom Paris!
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Why, I ask for the third or fourth time in a little over one season, does it always happen to Harry?
Anyhoo, this is a fairly interesting episode with plenty of room for paranoia, except that you know who the baddie is far too early. There's also a bit too much technobabble for this Little Black Duck and he's a Little Black Duck who's partial to the odd bit of technobabble every now and then.
On the up side, we do finally get to see San Francisco (other than that stock shot of the Academy and Starfleet Headquarters), and we get an episode with Garrett Wang showing that he can do more than work at Ops and be kidnapped by non-UFP beings.
It's also interesting to see what would've happened to Tom Paris if he hadn't accepted Janeway's request to join Voyager (very good way to reveal his true character).
Security censorship classification
Not for public release in Australia before date