Star trek: Voyager 1.09b - Elogium
Threat advisory: Elevated - Significant risk of entertaining activities
Episode propagandaWhen Kes (Jennifer Lien) starts to eat everything compulsively, she is apparently taken ill and rushed to Sickbay with very curious symptoms. Meanwhile, Voyager encounters a swarm of space borne life forms which seems strangely attracted to the beautiful starship...
Persons of interest
- Kate Mulgrew .... Captain Kathryn Janeway
- Robert Beltran .... Commander Chakotay
- Roxann Dawson .... Lieutenant B'Elanna Torres
- Jennifer Lien .... Kes
- Robert Duncan McNeill .... Lieutenant Tom Paris
- Robert Picardo .... the Emergency Medical Hologram
- Ethan Phillips .... Neelix
- Tim Russ .... Lieutenant Tuvok
- Garrett Wang .... Ensign Harry Kim
- Majel Barrett .... USS Voyager computer voice
- Nancy Hower .... Ensign Wildman
- Gary O'Brien .... Crewman
- Terry Correll .... Crewman
- Jimmy Diggs .... Storywriter
- Steve J Kay .... Storywriter
- Kenneth Biller .... Screenwriter
- Jeri Taylor .... Screenwriter
- Winrich Kolbe .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Intelligence reportOo-er. Sex. On Star trek. Oo-er.
Of course it's all handled in a very mature and 24th century way (not: they're all middle class 20th century USAmericans). I feel duty-bound to warn you that the Ocampa mating practices are particularly icky. Call me small-minded, call me Humanocentric, but sticky palms are not what I'm into. Vulcan men and Klingon women, sure, but people who give birth from a sack that grows on their back belong in B-Grade horror movies.
There are elements of this episode that echo the Next generation episode where Deanna Troi loses her empathic powers because of an energy field created by funny little two-dimensional space-beings who are attracted to a cosmic string, so it's a bit suss, but some of the interpersonal comments are funny. Watch it and make up your own mind.
Security censorship classification
Not for public release in Australia before date