Star trek: Voyager 1.06b - Heroes and demons
Threat advisory: Guarded - General risk of entertaining activities
Harry Kim (Garrett Wang) disappears during a holodeck recreation of the epic medieval Danish poem, Beowulf. Attempting to determine his whereabouts, Tuvok (Tim Russ) and Chakotay (Robert Beltran) also vanish. The only crewmember apparently able to enter the holodeck and survive his encounter with the monster, grendel, is the reluctant Doctor (Robert Picardo)...
Persons of interest
- Kate Mulgrew .... Captain Kathryn Janeway
- Robert Beltran .... Commander Chakotay
- Roxann Dawson .... Lieutenant B'Elanna Torres
- Jennifer Lien .... Kes
- Robert Duncan McNeill .... Lieutenant Tom Paris
- Robert Picardo .... the Emergency Medical Hologram
- Ethan Phillips .... Neelix
- Tim Russ .... Lieutenant Tuvok
- Garrett Wang .... Ensign Harry Kim
- Majel Barrett .... USS Voyager computer voice
- Marjorie Monaghan .... Freya
- Christopher Neame .... Unferth
- Michael Keenan .... Hrothgar
- Naren Shankar .... Screenwriter
- Les Landau .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Intelligence reportUh-oh. Holodeck time.
Whenever The next generation writers resorted to using the holodeck, you knew that they'd run out of ideas (the same way you knew that they'd lost the plot whenever they let Wesley Crusher open his mouth). This episode of Voyager is little better. Sure, it's fun to fantasise about being able to play on the holodeck, but we don't even have transporter technology yet, so holodecks are no excuse for a bad script. If you miss this episode, the only danger is not being able to answer a Trek trivia quiz question about the Doctor's first name.
And once again, Harry Kim gets got by the aliens.
Security censorship classification
PG (Medium level violence)
Not for public release in Australia before date