Star trek: The original series 1.02a - The Corbomite Manoeuvre
Threat advisory: High - High risk of entertaining activities
Episode propagandaThe starship Enterprise is pushing further into space than any starship has ever done before. With its crew engaged in star mapping activities, the ship is suddenly confronted by a spinning cube which blocks its further passage. Kirk (William Shatner) must decide whether to withdraw or try to find some way around the cube...
Persons of interest
- William Shatner .... Captain James Tiberius Kirk
- Leonard Nimoy .... Commander Spock
- Deforest Kelley .... Doctor Leonard H McCoy
- James Doohan .... Lieutenant Montgomery Scott
- Nichelle Nichols .... Lieutenant Uhura
- George Takei .... Lieutenant Hikaru Sulu
- Walter Koenig .... Ensign Pavel Andreievich Chekov
- Majel Barrett .... Nurse Christine Chapel
- Grace Lee Whitney .... Yeoman Janice Rand
- Clint Howard .... Balok
- Anthony Call .... Lieutenant Dave Bailey
- Jerry Sohl .... Screenwriter
- Joseph Sargent .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Intelligence reportHot diddly doodly - Sulu (George Takei) is at the helm, Uhura (Nichelle Nichols) is at communications, Scotty's (James Doohan) in engineering, McCoy's (Deforest Kelley) in Sickbay and all is well in Heaven.
Now, despite the fact that all the original series episodes of Star trek are lost in the 60s, and suffer accordingly, this one still manages to create enthusiasm in a certain jaded Trekkie. Kirk is out there, boldly going where no man has gone before, championing the UFP dream of peaceful exploration while living the life of roving space hero. There is a romantic quality that contemporary Star trek series lack: cowboy diplomacy, real alcohol, Starfleet Ensigns learning on the job and making mistakes, fear. In the 24th century it's all a tad sterile, don't you think? A little bit too clean?
Middle USAmerican 1960s values notwithstanding, the tension on the bridge of the Enterprise is so thick you could cut it with a phaser on low power. A good show, much fun was had by all.
Security censorship classification
PG (Low level violence)
Not for public release in Australia before date
DVD retail: 9 September2004