Star trek: The next generation 6.13a - Timescape
Threat advisory: Under evaluation
Episode propagandaWhile Riker and the Enterprise respond to a Romulan ship's distress call, Picard, Troi, Geordi and Data are travelling in a long-range shuttlecraft known as a Runabout. Suddenly, while in a conversation, everyone except Troi freezes in mid-motion. Seconds later, things return to normal. Baffled, she attempts to describe the experience to the others when she inexplicably becomes frozen in time herself for over three minutes.
Then, almost without warning, the starboard nacelle cuts out from lack of fuel, and instruments show it has been in continuous operation for over 47 days. Picard then notices some rotten fruit and his fingernails quickly grow a centimetre. Data discovers they are in a temporal disturbance where time is moving approximately 50 times faster than normal. Their vessel is surrounded by dozens of irregular temporal fragments and inside each, time is going at different rates.
They head around the fragments and eventually find the Enterprise but are shocked to discover it trapped in the centre of a huge disturbance, face-to-face with a Romulan Warbird which is firing a disrupter beam at the Enterprise, whose shields are half-raised. However, the entire scene is like a photograph - everything, is frozen in time.
Persons of interest
- Patrick Stewart .... Captain Jean-Luc Picard
- Jonathan Frakes .... Commander Will Riker
- Michael Dorn .... Lieutenant Worf
- Brent Spiner .... Lieutenant Commander Data
- Gates McFadden .... Commander Doctor Beverly Crusher
- Marina Sirtis .... Lieutenant Commander Counsellor Deanna Troi
- LeVar Burton .... Commander Geordi La Forge
- Majel Barrett .... USS Enterprise-D computer voice
- Michael Bofshever .... the alien
- John Demita .... the Romulan
- Joel Fredericks as the Enterprise engineer
- Brannon Braga .... Screenwriter
- Adam Nimoy .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Security censorship classificationPG (Medium level violence)
Not for public release in Australia before date