Star trek: The next generation 1.03b - Where no-one has gone before
Threat advisory: Elevated - Significant risk of entertaining activities
Episode propagandaThe Enterprise takes on Lieutenant Kosinski (Stanley Kamel), a Starfleet propulsion expert, and his assistant (Eric Menyuk as The Traveller), to increase warp engine output. however, both Riker and Chief Engineer Argyle (Biff Yeager) think Kosinski's ideas are worthless. During a test, Wesley befriends the assistant and accidentally distracts him.
This distraction causes the ship to travel 2.7 million light years in a few seconds. Wesley, during the trip, sees the assistant fade in and out of normal reality. They try to get back and end up travelling to a place unlike any they have ever seen.
Persons of interest
- Patrick Stewart .... Captain Jean-Luc Picard
- Jonathan Frakes .... Commander Will Riker
- Michael Dorn .... Lieutenant Worf
- Brent Spiner .... Lieutenant Commander Data
- Gates McFadden .... Commander Doctor Beverly Crusher
- Marina Sirtis .... Lieutenant Commander Counsellor Deanna Troi
- LeVar Burton .... Commander Geordi La Forge
- Wil Wheaton .... Wesley Crusher
- Denise Crosby .... Lieutenant Natasha "Tasha" Yar
- Majel Barrett .... USS Enterprise-D computer voice
- Stanley Kamel .... Lieutenant Kosinski
- Eric Menyuk .... The Traveller
- Herta Ware .... Madame Picard
- Biff Yeager .... Chief Engineer Lieutenant Commander Argyle
- Charles Dayton .... Crewmember
- Victoria Dillard .... Ballerina
- Diane Duane .... Screenwriter
- Michael Reaves .... Screenwriter
- Robert Bowman .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Intelligence report"The boy" gets made an acting Ensign for saving the ship for the second time in only five episodes. That's a better record than anyone else on the ship. Ok, so the Traveller tells Picard that Wesley is a Mozart-level genius... that happens, and the Federation's education system is far better than anything we've got around today, but give us a break! The Enterprise is crewed by the best of Starfleet, which is comprised of the best of the Federation, and the only one who can save the ship is a boy?
On the upside, the Traveller is pretty funky, mostly because Eric Menyuk has an unusual body shape, partly because Eric does some good acting. Herta Ware's as Jean-Luc's mum is good, too. She not only looks French, she looks like Patrick Stewart!
Security censorship classification
Not for public release in Australia before date