Star trek: Enterprise 4.05b - Daedalus
Date: August 2154
Threat advisory: Under evaluation
Captain Archer (Scott Bakula) is delighted to welcome his mentor, Emory Erickson (Bill Cobbs) who invented the transporter, along with his daughter, Danica (Leslie Silva), aboard Enterprise to conduct experiments in sub-quantum teleportation. Erickson seems to be progressing nicely in his work until the ship enters the blackest and most dangerous area in space known as The Barrens, and a member of Starfleet is brutally killed by an amorphous shape.
When it becomes evident to Archer that Erickson lied about the true nature of his mission, Erickson confesses that his objective is to materialise his son Quinn, who was lost in a transporter-malfunction 15 years ago. Although furious with his friend for lying to him and for putting his crew in danger, Archer lends Erickson his support and allows him to carry out his dangerous mission.
With Trip's (Connor Trinneer) reluctant engineering assistance, Erickson is able to make contact with his son. But joy quickly turns to horror when Quinn's body materialises in a deteriorated state, and completing the transport process will surely kill him. Archer urges his friend to finally let his son go, but Erickson protests, needing to hold his son one last time to say goodbye. Stoically, Erickson completes the teleportation process and soon cradles his son's lifeless body. T'Pol (Jolene Blalock), who has not yet come to terms with the recent death of her mother, is clearly affected by the touching goodbye of a father to his son.
Persons of interest
- Scott Bakula .... Captain Jonathan Archer
- Connor Trinneer .... Chief Engineer Charles "Trip" Tucker III
- Jolene Blalock .... Sub-Commander T'Pol
- Dominic Keating .... Lieutenant Malcolm Reed
- Anthony Montgomery .... Ensign Travis Mayweather
- Linda Park .... Ensign Hoshi Sato
- John Billingsley .... Doctor Phlox
- Bill Cobbs .... Emory Erickson
- Leslie Silva .... Danica Erickson
- Noel Manzano .... Ensign Burrows
- Alan Brennert .... Screenwriter
- Ken LaZebnik .... Screenwriter
- David Straiton .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- FYI: In Greek mythology, Daedalus was an Athenian inventor who built the Labyrinth of Minos; to escape the Labyrinth he fashioned wings for himself and his son Icarus.
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Security censorship classification
M (Moderate violence)
Not for public release in Australia before date
DVD rental and retail: Undated 2005 - Box set