Star trek: Deep Space Nine 6.01a - A time to stand
Stardate around 51170
Threat advisory: Severe - Severe risk of entertaining activities
After three months of war with the Dominion, Starfleet has suffered devastating losses. Sisko (Avery Brooks), relieved of command of the Defiant, is given a crucial and dangerous mission: to penetrate deep into Cardassian space and destroy the source of the drug that gives life to the Dominion's troops, the murderous Jem'Hadar...
Persons of interest
- Avery Brooks .... Commander Benjamin Lafayette Sisko
- René Auberjonois .... Constable Odo
- Michael Dorn .... Lieutenant Worf
- Terry Farrell .... Lieutenant Jadzia Dax
- Cirroc Lofton .... Jake Sisko
- Colm Meaney .... Chief O'Brien
- Armin Shimerman .... Quark
- Alexander Siddig .... Doctor Julian Bashir
- Nana Visitor .... Major Kira Nerys
- Majel Barrett .... Starfleet computer voice
- Andrew Robinson .... Garak
- Jeffrey Combs .... Weyoun
- Marc Alaimo .... Gul Dukat
- Aron Eisenberg .... Cadet Nog
- JG Hertzler .... General Martok
- Casey Biggs .... Damar
- Barry Jenner .... Admiral Ross
- Brock Peters .... Joseph Sisko
- Ira Steven Behr .... Screenwriter
- Hans Beimler .... Screenwriter
- Allan Kroeker .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
Special Agent Matti
War! War! War!
Who would've thought that the peace-mongers of the UFP would find themselves in a war, let alone one that they are going to lose. The ferocity of the Dominion troops is far superior to Starfleet's finest. This turn of events is a brilliant thing for those who watch.
Nana Visitor's performance (as Major Kira) is also brilliant: the months of wearying travail and soul searching aboard DS9 hover like a dark cloud over her head. The loss of weight and lack of sleep are writ plainly for all to see.
The production values have been improved to cinematic quality, something that was not necessary but which has created added value for the viewer.
I have often said that the failure of peaceful negotiation has produced the best Star trek episodes and the beginning of this season of DS9 is no exception. Watch and be amazed.
Security censorship classification
PG (Adult themes, low level violence)
Not for public release in Australia before date
27 January 1998