Star trek: Deep Space Nine 1.07a - Battle lines
Threat advisory: High - High risk of entertaining activities
DS9 is honoured by a visit from the Bajoran spiritual leader, Kai Opaka (Camille Saviola). Sisko (Avery Brooks) decides to take her through the wormhole in a runabout. Once in the Gamma Quadrant, they are shot down and crash on a world which is plagued by a never-ending war...
Persons of interest
- Avery Brooks .... Commander Benjamin Lafayette Sisko
- René Auberjonois .... Constable Odo
- Siddig el Fadil .... Doctor Julian Bashir
- Terry Farrell .... Lieutenant Jadzia Dax
- Cirroc Lofton .... Jake Sisko
- Colm Meaney .... Chief O'Brien
- Armin Shimerman .... Quark
- Nana Visitor .... Major Kira Nerys
- Majel Barrett .... Starfleet computer voice
- Camille Saviola .... Kai Opaka
- Paul Collins .... Zlangco
- Jonathan Banks .... Shel-La
- Hilary J Bader .... Storywriter, Screenwriter
- Richard Danus .... Screenwriter
- Evan Carlos Somers .... Screenwriter
- Paul Lynch .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
The Kai episodes are always good, being full of politics and/or spiritual weird shit. This episode is particularly good because it turns Bajor and DS9 upside down.
Opaka's death and resurrection on the alien world marks the end of the old guard on Bajor and the beginning of the new. Opaka was a liberal and led Bajor through the worst time in its history. Whoever replaces her may not be so nice, or so effective.
Other than that, it's just a fun story with lots of shooting.
Security censorship classification
PG (Low level violence)
Not for public release in Australia before date