You and your stupid mate - Nathan Phillips, Angus Sampson, Rachel Hunter, Marc Gracie
Threat advisory: Guarded - General risk of entertaining activities
Mates for life. Stupid forever.
Jeffrey (Angus Sampson) and Philip (Nathan Phillips) have been friends forever. They went to school together, Cubs together and even rovers together, they even live together, in a caravan, in an outer suburban caravan park.
Things are going pretty well for the boys. They are happily unemployed, picking up a few extra bucks when they need to by doing chores around the caravan park. In their spare time they both work on their "real" jobs. Jeffrey spends all day on the World Wide Web, while Philip rehearses for his showbiz career (he is a long term cast member of the Scouts and Guides Gang Show).
Each night at 6:30 they hit the couch to see what is happening to the gang on their favourite show Sons and surf.
Then everything goes wrong. They find out that they have been put on a work for the dole scheme, that a freeway is going to be built right through the middle of the caravan park and that Sons and surf is going to be axed at the end of the year.
What follows is a whirlwind of activity as the boys try to save their favourite show, their home and their dignity while trying to save themselves from the clutches of Peter their overzealous case manager.
With the help of Alf, the Somali taxi driver, Karen (Rachel Hunter), the caravan park's reigning sex symbol, the entire scouting and guide movements, and every freak who has ever logged on to a computer, they embark on a plan so audacious that only they could screw it up.
Persons of interest
- Angus Sampson .... Jeffrey
- Nathan Phillips .... Philip
- Rachel Hunter .... Karen
- Madeleine West .... Emma
- William McInnes
- Natalie Garonzi .... Brie
- Tayler Kane .... Evo
- Dave O'Neil .... Screenwriter
- Mark O'Toole .... Screenwriter
- Marc Gracie .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- You and your stupid mate official movie site
- You and your stupid mate production notes
- You and your stupid mate movie trailers:
- Awards and film festivals:
- Australian Cinematographers Society Awards 2005: ACT and NSW: Highly Commended (Justin Brickle)
- Cinematic Intelligence Agency Trenchcoat Awards 2005: Nominated: Worst film
- See also Dumb and dumber: when Harry met Lloyd
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
You and your stupid mate is a low-brow comedy based on the "antics" of a pair of under-achieving white trash losers. If they had brains they could be Loveable Larrikins™. They don't. They aren't.
Security censorship classification
M (Low level coarse language)
84 minutes (1:24 hours)