Threat advisory: Under evaluation
From small things... comes great power.
Life has become one big trap for 30-year-old Willard Stiles (Crispin Glover). Haunted by the ghost of his dead father and suffocated by the psychological cord that keeps him tied to his mother in their once stately home, Willard floats through life, unable to connect with those around him. An office clerk at Martin-Stiles Manufacturing, Willard only has a job because his late father made it a condition of his partnership with Frank Martin (R Lee Ermey), who reminds Willard of this burden on a daily basis.
But Willard has made an eerie discovery: he shares a powerful bond with the rats that dwell in his basement. Suddenly, Willard has friends - hundreds of them.
A beautiful office temp, Cathryn (Laura Elena Harring), brought in by Mr Martin to cover for Willard's alleged incompetence, lends an understanding hand. But even she takes a back seat to Socrates, Ben, and the rest of the legion of rats that begin to infest the basement of the Stiles home and whom, seemingly even more vulnerable than himself, Willard is unable to kill.
As the pressures upon Willard build and build, the foundation of his life begins to crack and the walls threaten to come crashing down. When Willard's world is turned upside-down by tragedy, those responsible must answer to his rapidly growing pack of ravenous, fearsome friends.
Beneath the surface a storm is brewing, and a darkness is about to be unleashed.
A remake of the 1971 film.
Theatrical propaganda posters
Target demographic movie keyword propaganda
- Film drama rat psychology thriller drama
Persons of interest
- Crispin Glover .... Willard
- Jackie Burroughs .... Henrietta Stiles
- R Lee Ermey .... Mr Martin
- Laura Elena Harring .... Cathryn
- Kim McKamy .... Ms Leach
- William S Taylor .... Mr Garter
- Gus Lynch .... George Foxx
- Laara Sadiq .... Janice Mantis
- David Parker .... Detective Boxer
- Ty Olsson .... Officer Salmon
- Kristen Cloke .... Doctor Bludwort
- Gilbert Ralston .... Author: Ratman's notebook; Screenwriter (1971)
- James Wong .... Screenwriter
- Glen Morgan .... Screenwriter
- Glen Morgan .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Willard official movie site
- Willard QuickTime movie trailers
- Awards and film festivals:
- Academy of Science Fiction Fantasy and Horror Films Saturn Awards 2005: Nominated: Best Actor (Crispin Glover)
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Security censorship classification
M (Horror theme, low level coarse language)
100 minutes (1:40 hours)
Not for public release in Australia before date
Film: 21 August 2003