The white planet (La planète blanche) - The Arctic, Thierry Piantanida, Thierry Ragobert
Threat advisory: Under evaluation
The Arctic is a world apart, ruled by the cold and shaped by ice and wind.
A world of frozen seas, the pack ice, immense plains, tundra, mountains and glaciers, inhabited by unique fauna that has managed to adapt to conditions at the very limits of survival.
From the beginning of winter to the triumphant return of the sun, The white planet (La planète blanche) sets out to discover this fragile and threatened world.
For the first time, the world's greatest polar nature filmmakers have been brought together to sketch out the great tableau of this undiscovered and magnificent world.
The emphasis is on action and emotion for this great spectacle of the natural world of the North Pole, revealing the incredible survival skills, as well as the vulnerability of wildlife of the Arctic. We witness the first steps of a polar bear cub on the ice, and the fate of a little caribou caught up in the biggest terrestrial migration on the planet.
We experience the arrival of winter, and watch the inhabitants of the White Planet waking up after the long polar night. We watch the convergence of all those who are drawn north to a place that, for a few months of the year, becomes the biggest food store on the planet.
This natural spectacle sets out to pay homage to a threatened world and provide a lasting record for the future. None of us can be certain the scenes filmed today - this magnificent natural display - will still exist in a century from now.
The White Planet. An unexpected kingdom awaiting discovery.
Theatrical propaganda posters
Target demographic movie keyword propaganda
- Film documentary nature Arctic snow animal plant ice cold season
Persons of interest
- Stéphane Milliere .... Screenwriter
- Thierry Piantanida .... Screenwriter
- Thierry Piantanida .... Director
- Thierry Ragobert .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- The white planet (La planète blanche) official movie site
- The white planet (La planète blanche) film production notes
- The white planet (La planète blanche) QuickTime movie trailers
- Awards and film festivals:
- Toronto International Film Festival 2006: Gala presentation
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
The documentary, nature movie The white planet (La planète blanche) is directed by Thierry Piantanida, Thierry Ragobert and stars The Arctic.
Media intelligence (DVD)
- Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
- Languages: French
- Picture: Widescreen
- Special features:
- Documentaries: Making of the film
- Interviews: Director Thierry Piantanida
- Trailers: Theatrical; Teaser
- Subtitles: English
Government security censorship classification
86 minutes (1:26 hours)