Urban legends: The final cut
Threat advisory: High - High risk of entertaining activities
It was an urban legend that started it all. Now it continues on the Alpine University campus...
Urban legends: The final cut follows Amy Mayfield (Jenny Morrison), a student at Alpine University who struggles to complete her thesis film on urban legends - only to have her crew members fall prey to fatal "accidents". Suspicious, Amy investigates and discovers a much more sinister hand at work. Now she must unmask the killer before she, too, becomes an urban legend.
Persons of interest
- Jenny Morrison .... Amy Mayfield
- Anthony Anderson .... Stan
- Hart Bochner .... Professor Solomon
- Jessica Cauffiel .... Sandra
- Matthew Davis .... Travis Stark, Trevor Stark
- Loretta Devine .... Reese Wilson
- Joey Lawrence .... Graham
- Eva Mendez .... Vanessa
- Anson Nount .... Toby
- Paul Harris Boardman .... Screenwriter
- Scott Derrickson .... Screenwriter
- John Ottman .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Awards and film festivals:
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Seriously folks, The final cut is as funny and scary as the first one, maybe even a little more. what's definite is that the boys and girls are all much prettier than in the first one. Matthew Davis also does the best bum shot I have seen in a long time: it's in context, he has a great bum and it's more than just politically correct. Hollywood makes films for teenage boys (even though more women see them than men) so it's great to encounter a sex scene where the guy is naked while the woman still has most of her clothes on.
But enough about Matthew's butt (even though it really is astounding): there's a whole heap of gore, frights, surprises, twists, gags and violence for you to enjoy, too. There's only one joke for which you need to have seen the first film: the nurse at the end is played by Alicia Witt, the actor who played the original baddie (hell hath no fury like a bitch off her Prozac). You'll know what I mean when you get to that part of the film.
Like other seriously generic flicks, there's nothing more for me to say. It's fast, it's fun and it's just as good as the first one.
Media intelligence (DVD)
- Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1
- Disc: Single side, dual layer
- Picture: Widescreen (16:9 enhanced)
- Languages: English, German
- Subtitles: English, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Icelandic, Hindi, Hebrew, Dutch, Bulgarian, German, Turkish, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Greek, Norwegian, Arabic
- Audio commentary with John Ottman
- 7 Deleted scenes
- Gag reel
- Making of and behind-the-scenes featurette
- Movie trailer
- Picture disc
Security censorship classification
MA 15+ (High level violence, medium level sex scene)
95 minutes (1:35 hours)
Not for public release in Australia before date
DVD rental: 21 March 2001