Tyson - Mike Tyson, James Toback
Threat advisory: Under evaluation
In Tyson, the former heavyweight champion looks at his own life in and out of the ring with a candour and eloquence that is by turns shocking, funny, hair-raising and never less than brutally honest. In other words, Tyson explores... Tyson.
James Toback's film portrait ranges from Tyson's earliest memories of growing up on the meanest streets of Brooklyn through his entry into the world of boxing under the stewardship of his beloved trainer Cus D'Amato. It also covers his misadventures with Don King and his tortured marriage to Robin Givens, his rollercoaster ride through the funhouse of worldwide fame, his fortunes won and lost.
Through a deft mixture of original interviews and archival footage and photographs, a complex, fully-rounded human being emerges - a legendary and uniquely controversial international athletic icon.
Theatrical propaganda posters
Target demographic movie keyword propaganda
- Film Mike Tyson biography boxing boxer fight trainer interview ring sport
Persons of interest
- Mike Tyson .... Himself
- James Toback .... Screenwriter
- James Toback .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Tyson official movie sites:
- Tyson film production notes
- Tyson QuickTime movie trailers
- Awards and film festivals:
- Cannes Film Festival 2008: Won: Regard Knockout Award (James Toback)
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
The Mike Tyson biography movie Tyson is directed by James Toback and stars Mike Tyson.
Government security censorship classification
* minutes (* hours)
Not for public release in Australia before date
Film: 6 August 2009