The take - Avi Lewis
Threat advisory: Under evaluation
Occupy. Resist. Produce.
In the wake of Argentina's spectacular economic collapse in 2001, Latin America's most prosperous middle class finds itself in a ghost town of abandoned factories and mass unemployment. In suburban Buenos Aires, thirty unemployed auto-parts workers walk into their idle factory, roll out sleeping mats and refuse to leave. All they want is to re-start the silent machines. But this simple act - the take - has the power to turn the globalisation debate on its head.
Avi Lewis/producer Avi Lewis (Counterspin) and writer/producer and renowned author Naomi Klein (No logo) take viewers inside the lives of ordinary visionaries, as they reclaim their work, their dignity and their democracy.
Persons of interest
- Naomi Klein .... Screenwriter
- Avi Lewis .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- The take official movie site
- The take film production notes
- The take movie trailers:
- Awards and film festivals:
- American Film Institute (AFI) 2004: Won: Documentary Award (Avi Lewis)
- International Documentary Association 2004: Nominated: Feature Documentaries (Avi Lewis, Naomi Klein)
- Melbourne International Film Festival 2005: Cinema Argentino
- NB: English and Spanish languages with English language subtitles
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Media intelligence (DVD)
- Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Picture: Widescreen
- Special features:
- Documentaries: Fire the director: The making of "The take'
- Avi Lewis discussing The take at the Melbourne International Film Festival
- Avi Lewis presenting Docos and social change forum (Melbourne)
- Gustavo Benedetto: ¡Presente! - Avi Lewis short film
- Trailers: Theatrical
- Subtitles: English
Security censorship classification
M (Low level coarse language)
85 minutes (1:25 hours)