Star wars V: the Empire strikes back - Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, George Lucas
Threat advisory: High - High risk of entertaining activities
The adventure continues...
While Luke (Mark Hamill) takes advanced Jedi training from Yoda (Frank Oz), his friends are relentlessly pursued by Darth Vader (David Prowse and James Earl Jones) as part of a plan to capture Luke.
Persons of interest
- Mark Hamill .... Luke Skywalker
- Harrison Ford .... Han Solo
- Carrie Fisher .... Princess Leia Organa
- Alec Guinness .... Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi
- Anthony Daniels .... C3PO
- Kenny Baker .... R2-D2
- Peter Mayhew .... Chewbacca
- David Prowse .... Darth Vader
- James Earl Jones .... Darth Vader (voice)
- Billy Dee Williams .... Lando Calrissian
- Jeremy Bulloch .... Boba Fett
- George Lucas .... Creator, Storywriter
- Leigh Brackett .... Screenwriter
- Lawrence Kasdan .... Screenwriter
- Irvin Kershner .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- See also The phantom menace, Attack of the clones, Revenge of the Sith, A new hope, Return of the Jedi
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
The Empire strikes back is weakest of the three films so far produced because it is the only one that doesn't have an ending.
Now everyone has 80s hair, dialogue and acting instead of 70s hair, dialogue and acting, but it's still hilarious. C3PO is the campest thing on legs. You have to see this to understand the third episode, which is part VI, called Return of the Jedi. But it's still one of the better films of all time.
The plot: Luke and Leia and Han have relocated the rebels to the Hoth system, but nasty Darth finds them and when Luke goes off to get Jedi training from Fozzie Bear, the other two get captured and he has to rescue them but they end up rescuing him except Han gets given to a bounty hunter, tune in next week for the thrilling conclusion.
See? Told you it's fun! See it!
Security censorship classification
124 minutes (2:04 hours)
Not for public release in Australia before date