Religulous - Bill Maher, Larry Charles
Threat advisory: Under evaluation
Do you smell something burning?
Can we be good without god? Is religion a calling or a mental illness? Were Jesus, Moses and Mohammed prophets and visionaries or crackpot nut cases who today would be put away? Is religion an obsessive-compulsive disorder?
Comedian, acerbic commentator, raconteur, sceptic, seeker Bill Maher and Larry Charles (director of Borat) set off in search of questions to these answers in a raunchy, rude, disrespectful, outrageous, shocking, non-fiction film about the greatest fiction ever told. From the Western Wall to the Vatican, from self professed messiahs to self professed pariahs they will not only expose the hypocrisy and corruption in organised religion but the absurdly hilarious logic that holds it together.
Theatrical propaganda posters
Target demographic movie keyword propaganda
- Film documentary religion religious confront prophet Christian Jew Moslem Islam
Persons of interest
- Bill Maher .... Himself
- Jose Luis De Jesus Miranda .... Himself
- Andrew Newberg .... Himself
- Steve Berg .... Himself
- Larry Charles .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Religulous official movie sites:
- Religulous film production notes
- Religulous QuickTime movie trailers
- Awards and film festivals:
- Golden Trailer Awards 2008: Won: Best Documentary Poster
- London Film Festival 2008: Film on the Square
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
The documentary, religion movie Religulous is directed by Larry Charles and stars Bill Maher.
Government security censorship classification
M (Sexual references, coarse language, drug use and themes)
101 minutes (1:41 hours)
Not for public release in Australia before date
Film: 10 December 2009