Piglet's big movie
Threat advisory: Elevated - Significant risk of entertaining activities
A tale you'll never forget.
Piglet's big movie brings "the little pink guy" to centre stage for a story of friendship and appreciation as the gang from the Hundred Acre Wood learns that it doesn't take somebody big to do big things. Piglet gets that inferior feeling when his friends begin a "honey harvest" and he is told that he's too small to help. When Piglet disappears, the others use his scrapbook as a map to find him - and in the process discover that this Very Small Animal has been a big hero in a lot of ways. After an eventful search and a dramatic climax, Piglet once again demonstrates how large an influence he has been on his pals.
The film features several new songs including If I wasn't so small (The Piglet song), the heartfelt Mother's intuition and the enchanting With a few good friends.
Persons of interest
- John Fiedler .... Piglet
- Jim Cummings .... Winnie The Pooh, Tigger
- Nikita Hopkins .... Roo
- Ken Sansom .... Rabbit
- Peter Cullen .... Eeyore
- Kath Soucie .... Kanga
- Andre Stojka .... Owl
- Tom Wheatley .... Christopher Robin
- Carly Simon .... Composer
- Francis Glebas .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Piglet's big movie official movie site
- Piglet's big movie QuickTime movie trailers
- See also The many adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Pooh's grand adventure: The search for Christopher Robin, The Tigger movie
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
- Kanga and Roo are from Australia. In Australia, children call their mothers Mum or Mummy yet in Piglet's big movie Roo refers to Kanga as Mom and Mommy.
- Kanga calls her biscuits "cookies", a term that was not in use in Australia in the era in which Winnie the Pooh is set.
- The Hundred Acre Wood is in England so UK English should be the default language.
- Eeyore sings, laughs and dances happily. This is just plain wrong. Eeyore suffers from chronic depression so singing, laughing and dancing happily are out of character.
- The page numbers and locations in Piglet's scrapbook keep changing.
- The sticks used to build Eeyore's house keep changing in length, from just over one bear long to five bears long. I'm all for creative imaginings but this is a bit much.
- Piglet's scrapbook is referred to as The book of memories: what a prosaic title. Surely they could've come up with something better... The book of rememberings or The book of remembories perhaps?
- Adventures in the Hundred Acre Wood as animated by Piglet and Co are hilarious.
- Fluffy Piglet after a bath is good, too.
- The songs are also good. Very singalongable.
Security censorship classification
75 minutes (1:15 hours)