The perfect score - Scarlett Johansson, Darius Miles, Bryan Greenberg, Brian Robbins
Threat advisory: Under evaluation
The SAT is hard to take. It's even harder to steal.
In The perfect score, a group of six high school students band together and develop a plan to heist the SAT exam in order to prevent the test from unfairly defining who they'll become. Each in the group has their own set of circumstances that lead them to the conclusion that the only way to truly decide their own fate is to cheat the system.
The unofficial leader of the group is Kyle (Chris Evans), an aspiring architect who dreams of attending an Ivy League school but repeatedly scores below what is required for acceptance. He develops the plan with his best friend Matty (Bryan Greenberg), whose low SAT scores result in a rejection letter from Maryland, the university that his girlfriend attends. Anna (Erika Christensen), who desires to meet her parents' standard of excellence but is badly in need of some excitement, joins in and brings Desmond (Darius Miles) into the fold, the star basketball player who at the urging of his mother decides to forgo the NBA for university and needs to pass the SAT to get in. Providing the access inside the local educational testing headquarters is Fransesca (Scarlett Johansson), an anti-establishment girl who joins in the scheme for kicks. Completing the group is Roy (Leonardo Nam), a loner who wants in on the action after accidentally overhearing the plan. Although the kids seemingly share nothing in common, they join together and while getting to know each other, discover themselves in the process.
Persons of interest
- Scarlett Johansson .... Fransesca
- Erika Christensen .... Anna
- Chris Evans .... Kyle
- Darius Miles .... Desmond
- Leonardo Nam .... Roy
- Rob Boyce .... Guard
- Bryan Greenberg .... Matty
- Kyle Labine .... Dave
- Bill Mackenzie .... Bernie
- Marc Hyman .... Screenwriter
- Jon Zack .... Screenwriter
- Mark Schwahn .... Screenwriter
- Brian Robbins .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- The perfect score official movie site
- The perfect score movie trailers:
- FYI: The SAT (Standard Aptitude Test) is the USA (United States of America) equivalent of HSC (Higher School Certificate) in NSW (New South Wales). It gets you into university (or not).
- Awards and film festivals:
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Media intelligence (DVD)
- Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound (Languages: English, French); Dolby Surround Languages: English)
- Widescreen (16:9 enhanced)
- Special features:
- Commentary: Director Brian Robbins and Screenwriter Mark Schwahn
- Documentary: Making "The perfect score"
- Trailers: Theatrical
- Subtitles: English, English closed captions
Security censorship classification
M (Low level coarse language, drug references)
89 minutes (1:29 hours)