Paparazzi - Cole Hauser, Dennis Farina, Daniel Baldwin, Paul Abascal
Threat advisory: High - High risk of entertaining activities
One good shot deserves another.
For rising action superstar Bo Laramie (Cole Hauser), a quartet of paparazzi is at first an annoyance, then an ever-disturbing presence. But when they threaten his family's safety, it will be the last mistake they ever make.
Bo seems to have it all: a beautiful wife, an adoring son and a Malibu beach house. Life couldn't be better. But his new-found fame comes with a price. He's become a target of a team of four paparazzi bent on making Bo and his family fodder for the tabloids, to nearly ruinous effect for the Laramies. The paparazzi and their weapons of choice high-powered zoom lenses stalk Bo everywhere. He accepts the typical invasion into his privacy... until photos of his wife, Abby (Robin Tunney), and his son, Zach (Blake Michael Bryan), begin appearing on covers of one particularly sleazy tabloid called Paparazzi.
All efforts to convince the photographers to spare his family are ignored, and when Bo has a fight with one "superstar" paparazzi, Rex (Tom Sizemore), the actor is sentenced to anger-management therapy while Rex walks away unpunished. The paparazzi become increasingly relentless, ruthless even criminal. One night, while trying to get "the shot", they force Bo and his family into a high-speed car chase that ends in a terrible accident, sending Abby into intensive care and 6-year-old Zach into a coma. Veteran Los Angeles police detective Burton (Dennis Farina) believes Bo's version of the accident, but when Burton can't make the case against the photographers, Bo seeks vengeance on his own. And the paparazzi start falling... one by one.
Persons of interest
- Cole Hauser .... Bo Laramie
- Robin Tunney .... Abby Laramie
- Dennis Farina .... Detective Burton
- Daniel Baldwin .... Wendell Stokes
- Tom Hollander .... Leonard Clark
- Kevin Gage .... Kevin Rosner
- Blake Michael Bryan .... Zach Laramie
- Tom Sizemore .... Rex Harper
- Andrea Baker .... Emily
- Jordan Baker .... Doctor Kelley
- Lauren Birkell .... Allison
- Wendy Braun .... Bo's Publicist
- Kelly Carlson .... Kristin
- Forrest Smith .... Screenwriter
- Paul Abascal .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Paparazzi official movie site
- Paparazzi QuickTime movie trailers
- Awards and film festivals:
- See also The outlaw Josey Wales
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Paparazzi is a fun killing rampage by a man done wrong, against an enemy with no friends. There's some fun killing but the plot can be summed up by the tagline. You hardly even get to perve on Cole Hauser. The killing is fun, though. Did I mention that?
Security censorship classification
M (Medium level violence)
84 minutes (1:24 hours)