To paint or to make love (Peindre ou faire l'amour) - Sabine Azéma, Daniel Auteuil, Amira Casar, Sergi López, Arnaud Larrieu, Jean-Marie Larrieu
Threat advisory: Under evaluation
William (Daniel Auteuil) and Madeleine (Sabine Azéma) live in a town at the foot of mountains.
Married for a long time, faithful to each other and in love, they lead a quiet life.
Their daughter, an only child, is moving to Italy. Now they have nobody but themselves to look out for.
During one of her walks in the surrounding hills, Madeleine sets up her easel in front of an old house and meets Adam (Sergi López), a man who is refined, well-read and blind. He shows Madeline around the house she is painting, which is for sale. It's love at first sight. William and Madeleine decide to buy it.
In the weeks following the sale, William and Madeleine are in a state of bliss.
They organise their new life nearby Adam and his young companion Eva (Amira Casar), whose house is only few hundred yards away. When their new friends' house burns to the ground, William and Madeleine want nothing more than to take them in.
Theatrical propaganda posters
Target demographic movie keyword propaganda
- Film French France drama family love painting oil blind strangers
Persons of interest
- Sabine Azéma .... Madeleine
- Daniel Auteuil .... William
- Amira Casar .... Eva
- Sergi López .... Adam
- Philippe Katerine .... Mathieu
- Hélène de Saint-Père .... Julie
- Sabine Haudepin .... Suzanne
- Roger Mirmont .... Roger
- Jacques Nolot .... Michel
- Marie-Pierre Chaix .... Annick
- Florence Loiret .... Élise
- Thiago Telès .... Joao
- Arnaud Larrieu .... Screenwriter
- Jean-Marie Larrieu .... Screenwriter
- Arnaud Larrieu .... Director
- Jean-Marie Larrieu .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- To paint or to make love (Peindre ou faire l'amour) official movie site
- To paint or to make love (Peindre ou faire l'amour) film production notes
- To paint or to make love (Peindre ou faire l'amour) QuickTime movie trailers
- Awards and film festivals:
- Australian French Film Festival 2006: Screening
- Cannes Film Festival 2005: Nominated: Golden Palm (Arnaud Larrieu, Jean-Marie Larrieu)
- NB: French language dialogue with English language subtitles
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Security censorship classification
100 minutes (1:40 hours)
Not for public release in Australia before date
Film: Undated 2007