Outsourced - Josh Hamilton, Ayesha Dharkar, Asif Basra, John Jeffcoat
Threat advisory: Under evaluation
Todd just lost his job. Now he has to find his life.
Seattle customer call centre manager Todd Anderson (Josh Hamilton) gets the bad news that his office is going to outsource its work to a call centre in India.
He's even more perturbed when his boss makes it clear that he will be in charge of training Indian workers to efficiently handle orders while sounding as American as possible. He expects the worst experience of his life, and it certainly begins that way. The chaos of Bombay assaults his senses, and his new office is paralysed by cultural misunderstanding.
Theatrical propaganda posters
Target demographic movie keyword propaganda
- Film comedy romance USA call centre India outsourcing training culture shock capitalism
Persons of interest
- Asif Basra .... Purohit N Virajnarianan
- Ayesha Dharker .... Asha
- Josh Hamilton .... Todd Anderson
- Arjun Mathur .... Gaurav
- Larry Pine
- Matt Smith .... Dave
- George Wing .... Screenwriter
- John Jeffcoat .... Screenwriter
- John Jeffcoat .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Outsourced official movie site
- Outsourced film production notes
- Outsourced QuickTime movie trailers
- Awards and film festivals:
- Cinequest San Jose Film Festival 2007: Won: Best Feature Audience Award (John Jeffcoat)
- Palm Springs International Film Festival 2007: Won: John Schlesinger Award Outstanding First Feature Film (John Jeffcoat)
- Seattle International Film Festival 2007: Won: Golden Space Needle Award Best Film (John Jeffcoat)
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Yank-bashing is a fun sport, not the least because it's so easy; the game the whole family can play!
Outsourced takes this to another level with a great opportunity to laugh at the dumb American "fish out of water" who has to go native just to survive. While the film is a bit simplistic on this level (I have difficulty believing that a university-educated person can be so ignorant of other cultures - they can't be that dumb, can they?) it's still a good laugh. It's also true, once you let India win you get along much better ("Hello Mohammed, this is the mountain"). If the British Empire couldn't beat India, no lower-management pleb is going to.
The comedy, romance movie Outsourced is directed by John Jeffcoat and stars Josh Hamilton, Ayesha Dharkar, Asif Basra.
Government security censorship classification
PG (Mild sexual references, infrequent mild coarse language)
102 minutes (1:42 hours)