Out of time
Threat advisory: High - High risk of entertaining activities
How do you solve a murder when all of the evidence points to you?
Matt Lee Whitlock (Denzel Washington) is the chief of police in small Banyan Key, Florida. A hardworking man who's good at his job, he's respected by his peers and beloved by his community. But when Banyan Key is shocked by a brutal double homicide, Matt starts his investigation - and his life starts to unravel. As details of the case begin to surface, all of the evidence points to Matt as the prime suspect.
Now with the investigation in full swing and several people working the case, Matt finds himself in a race against time to solve the murders before others uncover the clues he's finding and he himself falls under suspicion. He has to stay a few steps ahead of his own police force and everyone he's trusted in order to clear his name and uncover the horrifying truth. As the film's intricate storyline twists and turns, speeding towards its explosive climactic confrontation, it becomes all too apparent that the truth is on Matt's side - time, however, is not.
Persons of interest
- Denzel Washington .... Matt Lee Whitlock
- Sanaa Lathan .... Ann Harrison
- Dean Cain .... Chris Harrison
- Eva Mendes .... Detective Alexandra Cole
- Alex Carter .... Doctor Cabbot
- Robert Baker .... Tony Dalten
- Anotoni Cornacchione .... Baste
- Tom Hillmann .... Robert Guillette
- David Collard .... Screenwriter
- Carl Franklin .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Out of time official movie sites:
- Out of time movie trailers:
- Awards and film festivals:
- See also The inside man
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Out of time is a fun police drama thriller with lots of running around.
Security censorship classification
M (Low level violence, low level coarse language)
105 minutes (1:54 hours)
Not for public release in Australia before date
Film: 22 January 2004