Threat advisory: Elevated - Significant risk of entertaining activities
Hero. Lover. Dickhead.
Ned Kelly, an icon of Australian history and culture, is a prime subject for a drama of mythical proportions. As if in comic relief of this prospect, Ned goes against this grain and pokes irreverent fun at Australia's popular hero, and pretty much everything else along the way!
Ned hijacks history and turns the Kelly legend on its iron helmeted head!
Theatrical propaganda posters
Target demographic movie keyword propaganda
- Film Australia spoof comedy Ned Kelly
Persons of interest
- Abe Forsythe .... Ned Kelly
- Nick Flint .... Dan Hughes
- Damon Herriman .... Steve Hart
- Josef Ber .... Joe Byrne
- Felix Williamson .... Governor Sinclair
- Scott Major .... Roy
- Ryan Johnson .... Shanahan
- Tim Richards .... Hawkins
- Michael Falzon .... Williams
- Sean Lynch .... Byrne
- Septimus .... Morrisey
- Jeremy Sims .... Mr Kelly
- Michala Banas .... Muffy
- Drew Forsythe .... Narrator
- Caitlan Mcdougall .... Mrs Kelly
- Jie Pittman .... Ernie
- Abe Forsythe .... Screenwriter
- Abe Forsythe .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Ned official movie site
- cf. Ned Kelly
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Theatrical reportNed is an adolescent's day at the movies replete with bum jokes, fart jokes, gay jokes, gay bum jokes, bum fart jokes and the occasional foray into cross-dressing. Your 14-year-old son/nephew/brother will enjoy it.
In casting himself as the hero, Abe Forsythe has created a reasonable showreel despite the low-brow nature of the humour. He's a good-looking guy with a reasonable amount of talent and I can see him getting lots of work from this.
Security censorship classification
MA 15+ (Sexual references)
79 minutes (1:19 hours)
Not for public release in Australia before date
Film: 22 May 2003