Threat advisory: Elevated - Significant risk of entertaining activities
They only look like cops.
Earl Montgomery (Martin Lawrence), a bombastic Police Academy reject, and Hank Rafferty (Steve Zahn), a disgraced, mild-mannered cop, can't seem to escape each other. They met on opposite sides of the law during a routine traffic stop that escalated out of control; now as lowly security guards they're thrown together to bust a smuggling operation.
Despite facing resistance from the police department's Lieutenant Washington (Bill Duke) and Detective McDuff (Colm Feore) - and from each other - Earl and Hank begin to unravel the sophisticated scheme led by Nash (Eric Roberts) and his band of thugs. Our guys get their hands on an indestructible metal alloy that is worth millions and is essential to the whole ring.
As hare-brained as the plan they set in motion is, these unlikely partners might just solve a crime... if they don't kill each other first.
Persons of interest
- Martin Lawrence .... Earl Montgomery
- Steve Zahn .... Hank Rafferty
- Bill Duke .... Lieutenant Washington
- Colm Feore .... Detective McDuff
- Eric Roberts .... Nash
- Timothy Busfield .... Charlie Reed
- Troy Gilbert .... Cain
- Brett Cullen .... Officer Heston
- Mike Grasso .... Officer Mike Grasso
- Jay Scherick .... Screenwriter
- David Ronn .... Screenwriter
- Dennis Dugan .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- National Security official movie site
- National Security QuickTime movie trailers
- Awards and film festivals:
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
National Security is a buddy cop action crime movie for blokes who like cars going too fast and things blowing up. It's not on a par with The fast and the furious but then again, Martin Lawrence and Steve Zahn aren't on a par with Vin Diesel and Paul Walker, are they?
Fast food brain popcorn. Can I be any clearer? Have fun!
Media intelligence (DVD)
- Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound
- Disc: Single side, dual layer
- Languages: Czech, English, Hungarian, Russian
- Picture: Widescreen (1.85:1/16:9 enhanced)
- Special features:
- Alternate ending
- Commentaries: Dennis Dugan
- Deleted scenes
- Music video: NSEW by Disturbing Tha Peace
- Picture disc
- Trailers: Theatrical, bonus
- Subtitles: Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, English, English captions, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Norwegian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Slovene, Swedish, Turkish
Security censorship classification
M (Medium level violence, medium level coarse language, sexual references)
85 minutes (1:25 hours)