Mean girls - Lindsay Lohan, Tina Fey, Lizzy Caplan, Mark S Waters
Threat advisory: Elevated - Significant risk of entertaining activities
Watch your back.
Cady Heron (Lindsay Lohan), an adolescent girl who has been on safari with her zoologist parents, must navigate new terrain when she moves to an Illinois USA public school and falls in love with the ex-boyfriend of the most popular girls. Things turn ugly when she's reduced to using the same mean-spirited methods as the other girls.
Persons of interest
- Lindsay Lohan .... Cady Heron
- Tina Fey .... Ms Norbury
- Lizzy Caplan .... Janis
- Rachel McAdams .... Regina
- Lacey Chabert .... Gretchen
- Daniel Franzese .... Damian
- Tim Meadows .... Mr Duvall
- Jonathan Bennett .... Aaron
- Tina Fey .... Screenwriter
- Mark S Waters .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Mean girls official movie site
- Mean girls QuickTime movie trailers
- Awards and film festivals:
- MTV Movie Awards 2005: Won: Best female performance (Lindsay Lohan), Best on-screen team (Lindsay Lohan, Rachel McAdams, Lacey Chabert, Amanda Seyfried), Breakthrough female (Rachel McAdams); Nominated: Best villain (Rachel McAdams)
- See also Jawbreaker, Pretty persuasion
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Like Lindsay Lohan's other recent fish-out-of-water teen high school movie, Confessions of a teenage drama queen, Mean girls is a wander through the battlefield of American school cliques with some funny bitchiness and catty laughs, but this time everything ends up happily-ever-after come the (end of the) school dance. It seems that this is a tradition at USA high schools. Just ask Carrie.
This flick is funny enough, as long as you don't take it seriously.
Security censorship classification
M (Mature themes)
97 minutes (1:37 hours)