Journey to the centre of the Earth 3d - Brendan Fraser, Josh Hutcherson, Anita Briem, Eric Brevig
Threat advisory: High - High risk of entertaining activities
Same planet. Different world.
An exciting adventure based on the classic Jules Verne novel Journey to the centre of the Earth, Journey to the centre of the Earth 3d stars Brendan Fraser as a science professor whose untraditional hypotheses have made him the laughing stock of the academic community. But on an expedition in Iceland, he and his nephew stumble upon a major discovery that launches them on a thrilling journey deep beneath the Earth's surface, where they travel through never-before-seen worlds and encounter a variety of unusual creatures.
Theatrical propaganda posters
Target demographic movie keyword propaganda
- Film adventure fantasy cave centre earth Jules Verne creature science fiction lost world
Persons of interest
- Brendan Fraser .... Professor Trevor Anderson
- Josh Hutcherson .... Sean Anderson
- Anita Briem .... Hannah Ásgeirsson
- Seth Meyers .... Professor Alan Kitzens
- Jean Michel Paré .... Max Anderson
- Jane Wheeler .... Elizabeth Anderson
- Frank Fontaine .... Old Man
- Giancarlo Caltabiano .... Leonard
- Kaniehtiio Horn .... Gum-Chewing Girl
- Garth Gilker .... Sigurbjörn Ásgeirsson
- Jules Verne .... Author: Journey to the centre of the Earth
- Jennifer Flackett .... Screenwriter
- Mark Levin .... Screenwriter
- Michael Weiss .... Screenwriter
- Eric Brevig .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Journey to the centre of the Earth 3d official movie site
- Journey to the centre of the Earth 3d film production notes
- Journey to the centre of the Earth 3d QuickTime movie trailers
- Awards and film festivals:
- Studios and distributors:
Secret Agent Acid Thunder
If I had seen it in 2D and not had the biggest blond moment by not realising I was wearing my sun glasses for the first 5 minutes of the film it would have gotten 3 stars. Don't get me wrong it was a good film. Much as I would expect from Brendan Fraser and his action adventure films. I was just disappointed because they had to rely so much on the book.
You're reading this and probably saying to yourself, "How many times have I read a review or seen a book and thought, 'the book was so much better', and now I'm reading this?!" right? What I mean is that the book played a fundamental role in the plot and storyline not that it was based on the book. It's good that the story takes place in modern times and that it's suggestion that Jules Vern may not have been such a "Sci-Fi Writer" that we believed him to be; it's just that it would have been nice if they'd taken some of the potential parts of the book and presented an alternative resemblance.
Hard to explain but over-all I hope to see 3D glasses at the video store because it was a lot of fun to watch. The best advice I would like to put forward is that ensure the screen that you view the film on covers most if not all of your peripheral vision as it will enhance the viewing effect.
The adventure, fantasy movie Journey to the centre of the Earth 3d is directed by Eric Brevig and stars Brendan Fraser, Josh Hutcherson, Anita Briem.
Government security censorship classification
PG (Action adventure and some scary scenes)
92 minutes (1:32 hours)
Not for public release in Australia before date
Film: 25 September 2008