Irresistible - Susan Sarandon, Sam Neill, Emily Blunt, Ann Turner
Threat advisory: Under evaluation
Sophie Hartley is convinced that someone is trying to steal her children, her husband: her life. Forced to prove her sanity, Sophie fights back and makes a discovery more shocking than her worst fear.
Sophie Hartley (Susan Sarandon) is a successful illustrator. A deadline looms and Sophie is terrified of failure and the pressure to reveal a secret from her past. To make matters worse, things aren't going well with her husband Craig (Sam Neill). When Sophie becomes convinced that she's being stalked by one of Craig's co-workers - a beautiful, highly competent assistant, Mara Toufiey (Emily Blunt) - no one believes her.
Sophie's life begins to fall apart. She feels she's being watched, followed, copied. Things go missing in the house - her daughters' toys, family photographs, even her favourite dress... Sophie tries to fend off paranoia, but it is clear to her that Mara is trying to steal her husband, her daughters, her life.
In the cat and mouse game of obsession that ensues, Sophie crosses the boundaries of acceptable behaviour. Mara takes out a court order against her. Now Sophie is forced to become a stalker.
Sophie spirals further out of control and as a result of her own dangerous actions, loses both Craig and custody of her children. With the loss of all she holds dear, Sophie begins to fight back. But before she regains her family, she discovers something more frightening than anything she has ever encountered. A secret that can paradoxically destroy or heal - a secret that changes everything...
Theatrical propaganda posters
Target demographic movie keyword propaganda
- Film Australia family stalker paranoia thriller delusion vicious circly secret mystery family love
Persons of interest
- Susan Sarandon .... Sophie Hartley
- Sam Neill .... Craig Hartley
- Emily Blunt .... Mara Toufiey
- William McInnes .... Jimmy
- Georgie Parker .... Jen
- Charles "Bud" Tingwell .... Sam
- Ann Turner .... Screenwriter
- Ann Turner .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Irresistible official movie site
- Irresistible film production notes
- Irresistible QuickTime movie trailers
- Awards and film festivals:
- Australian International Movie Convention (AIMC) 2006: Screening
- Australian Writers Guild Awards (Awgies) 2006: Nominated: Feature Film (Original)
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Security censorship classification
M (Moderate themes and violence, moderate sexual references, infrequent coarse language)
103 minutes (1:43 hours)
Not for public release in Australia before date
Film: 12 October 2006