I'll sleep when I'm dead - Clive Owen, Malcolm McDowell, Charlotte Rampling, Mike Hodges
Threat advisory: Elevated - Significant risk of entertaining activities
Legendary hard man Will Graham (Clive Owen) has been hiding out from his criminal past. For three years he has been living in a van in rural England, working a dead-end job as a logger. Will is reluctantly dragged back into London's underbelly when his charming, cocaine dealing younger brother Davey (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) is raped and subsequently commits suicide.
Will has left behind a bitter, elegant mistress, Helen (Charlotte Rampling). His turf has been taken over by an iron-fisted thug, Frank Turner, and psychotic enforcer Boad (Malcolm McDowell). His former pals think Will has gone soft but they soon discover that revenge is a dish best served cold.
Mike Hodges will always hold a special place in cinema history for his seminal 1971 movie, Get Carter. Thirty-two years later the director gets it right once again.
Persons of interest
- Noel Clarke .... Cyril
- Malcolm McDowell .... Boad
- Clive Owen .... Will Graham
- Charlotte Rampling .... Helen
- Jonathan Rhys-Meyers .... Davey Graham
- Trevor Preston .... Screenwriter
- Mike Hodges .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- I'll sleep when I'm dead official movie site
- I'll sleep when I'm dead QuickTime movie trailers
- Awards and film festivals:
- Melbourne International Film Festival 2004: Screening: DOA: New Crime Cinema
- See also Get Carter
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Security censorship classification
MA 15+ (Adult themes, medium level violence)
99 minutes (1:39 hours)