Georgia rule - Lindsay Lohan, Jane Fonda, Felicity Huffman, Garry Marshall
Threat advisory: Under evaluation
Three generations of actresses unite in a film from director Garry Marshall about the power of redemption, freedom in forgiveness and unbreakable bonds of motherhood - Georgia rule.
Rebellious teenager Rachel (Lindsay Lohan) screams, swears, drinks and is - in a word - uncontrollable. With her latest car crash, Rachel has broken the final rule in Mum Lily's (Felicity Huffman) San Francisco home. With nowhere else to take the impulsive and rambunctious girl, Lily hauls her daughter to the one place she swore she'd never return... her own mother's Idaho farm.
Matriarch Georgia (Jane Fonda) is not your typical sweet and doting grandmother. She lives her life by a number of unbreakable rules, demanding anyone who shares her home do the same - God comes first and hard work comes a very close second. Now saddled with raising the young woman, it will require each patient breath she takes to understand Rachel's fury.
But as Rachel succumbs to her summer of misery and shakes up the tiny Mormon town, Georgia notices something is changing within her granddaughter. Given structure and responsibilities, Rachel is letting her guard down and learning compassion... especially for her mother. Her journey will lead all three women to revelations of buried family secrets and an understanding that - regardless what happens - the ties that bind can never be broken.
Theatrical propaganda posters
Target demographic movie keyword propaganda
- Film drama women teenager mother daughter dysfunction abuse stepfather generations
Persons of interest
- Jane Fonda .... Georgia
- Lindsay Lohan .... Rachel
- Felicity Huffman .... Lilly
- Dermot Mulroney .... Simon
- Cary Elwes .... Arnold
- Garrett Hedlund .... Harlan
- Maggie Henry .... Singer
- Hope Alexander-Willis .... Fern
- Shea Curry .... Melodee
- Hector Elizondo .... Izzy
- Zachary Gordon .... Ethan
- Christine Lakin .... Grace
- Dylan McLaughlin .... Sam
- Mandy Medlin .... Melissa
- Laurie Metcalf .... Paula
- Chelse Swain .... June
- Mark Andrus .... Screenwriter
- Garry Marshall .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Georgia rule official movie site
- Georgia rule film production notes
- Georgia rule QuickTime movie trailers
- Awards and film festivals:
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
The drama movie Georgia rule is directed by Garry Marshall and stars Lindsay Lohan, Jane Fonda, Felicity Huffman.
Government security censorship classification
M (Moderate themes, moderate sexual references, moderate coarse language)
112 minutes (1:52 hours)
Not for public release in Australia before date
Film: 10 May 2007