First descent: The story of the snowboarding revolution - Shawn Farmer, Terje Haakonsen, Nick Peralta, Kemp Curly, Kevin Harrison
Threat advisory: Under evaluation
The story of the snowboarding revolution.
The docu-drama First descent: The story of the snowboarding revolution chronicles the rebellious, inspiring and sometimes controversial rise of snowboarding - as seen through the eyes of the snowboarders setting the standards and breaking the boundaries of this worldwide phenomenon.
First descent: The story of the snowboarding revolution spotlights a handful of snowboarding's early pioneers (including Shawn Farmer, Nick Peralta, Terje Haakonsen) and some of the ultra-sponsored superstar phenomena at snowboarding's current cutting edge (Shaun White, Hannah Teter) and literally takes them to the edge - the snow blanketed mountains of Alaska - where these five icons face some of the most challenging and hard-core natural terrain on the planet. The five come for different reasons - Peralta and Farmer to see if they still have what it takes, Haakonsen to add another credit to his Big Mountain resume and White and Teter to undertake their first Big Mountain ride ever - and yet all seek to challenge themselves to accomplish the best snowboarding feat of their lives down peaks of powder no rider has ever descended.
Leading up to their First descent: The story of the snowboarding revolution, the crew of five share their stories, comparing viewpoints, individual lifestyles, and unedited opinions on the evolution of snowboarding that began as a delinquent child of skiing and now stands as an international cultural movement that has permanently changed the face of winter sports.
Inter-cutting footage from the snowboarding revolution of the 80s and 90s, real-life accounts from both notorious and famed riders, and dramatic, newly-filmed scenes from the biggest winter contests and experiences these riders undergo on their way to and in Alaska, First descent creates a fast-paced portrait of a snow-sport that has quickly evolved from a fringe hobby to a full-fledged global event.
Target demographic movie keyword propaganda
- Film sport Alaska mountain snowboard winter extreme documentary snow ski helicopter skateboard legend
Persons of interest
- Shawn Farmer .... Himself
- Terje Haakonsen .... Himself
- Nick Peralta .... Himself
- Hannah Teter .... Herself
- Shaun White .... Himself
- Kemp Curly .... Director
- Kevin Harrison .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- First descent: The story of the snowboarding revolution official movie site
- First descent: The story of the snowboarding revolution film production notes
- First descent: The story of the snowboarding revolution QuickTime movie trailers
- Awards and film festivals:
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Media intelligence (DVD)
- Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Picture: Widescreen
- Special features:
- Deleted scenes
- Big-mountain riding
- Extended scenes
- AK and beyond
- A thousand words
- Top of the world
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
Security censorship classification
M (Infrequent moderate coarse language)
110 minutes (1:50 hours)