The final cut - Robin Williams, James Caviezel, Mira Sorvino, Omar Naim
Threat advisory: Elevated - Significant risk of entertaining activities
Every moment of your life recorded. Would you live it differently?
A Zoë Chip is chip placed in your brain at birth to record your entire life. When you die, the footage from your life is edited into a "Rememory" - a film shown at your funeral pieced together by an editor. A toy for the privileged, Zoë Chips are changing the face of human interaction, but there are those who are against this emerging technology,and believe that memories are meant to fade.
Alan Hackman (Robin Williams) is the best "cutter" in the business, his ability to grant the corrupt absolution of the sins of his clients, has put him in high demand. However, his talent for viewing life without emotion has shaped him into a cold distant man and has made him unable to experience life in the first person. He believes he is a "sin-eater" and his work provides him with the ability to absolve the dead of their sins.
While cutting a Rememory for a high-powered colleague, Alan discovers an image from his childhood that has haunted him his entire life. This discovery leads him on a high intensity search for truth and redemption.
Theatrical propaganda posters
Target demographic movie keyword propaganda
- Film science fiction memory edit thriller
Persons of interest
- Genevieve Buechner .... Helena
- Robin Williams .... Alan Hackman
- Leanne Adachi .... Nathalie
- Mira Sorvino .... Delila
- Stephanie Romanov .... Jennifer
- James Caviezel .... Fletcher
- Thom Bishops .... Hasan
- Mimi Kuzyk .... Thelma
- Don Ackerman .... Tattooed Man
- Noah Beggs .... Protester
- Christopher Britton .... Jason Monroe
- Jim Francis .... Professor
- Darren Hird .... Danny Monroe
- Miguelito Macario .... Rom
- Darren Shahlavi .... Karim
- Omar Naim .... Screenwriter
- Omar Naim .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- The final cut official movie site
- The final cut QuickTime movie trailers
- Awards and film festivals:
- Berlin International Film Festival 2004: Nominated: Golden Bear (Omar Naim)
- See also Impostor, The Sin-eater
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
The final cut is a second-rate science fiction thriller that tries hard to make the grade. Just not hard enough.
Security censorship classification
M (Adult themes, medium level violence)
94 minutes (1:34 hours)
Not for public release in Australia before date
Film: 11 November 2004