Father and son (Otets y syn) - Andrej Shetinin, Alexei Nejmyshev, Alexander Rasbash, Aleksandr Sokurov
Threat advisory: Under evaluation
Father (Andrej Shetinin) and Son (Alexei Nejmyshev) live together in a rooftop apartment. They have lived alone for years in their own private world, full of memories and daily rituals. Sometimes they seem like brothers. Sometimes even like lovers.
Following in his father's footsteps, Alexei attends military school. He likes sports, tends to be irresponsible and has problems with his girlfriend. She is jealous of Alexei's close relationship with his father. Despite knowing that all sons must one day live their own lives, Alexei is conflicted.
Alexei's father knows he should maybe accept a better job in another city, maybe search for a new wife. But who will ease the pain of Alexei's nightmares?
Never has love between a father and son been so strong.
Persons of interest
- Andrej Shetinin .... The Father
- Alexei Nejmyshev .... The Son
- Alexander Rasbash .... The Neighbour
- Aleksandr Sokurov .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Father and son (Otets y syn) official movie site
- Father and son (Otets y syn) QuickTime movie trailers
- Awards and film festivals:
- Cannes Film Festival 2003: FIPRESCI Award Competition (Aleksandr Sokurov - For brilliant images and the director's original way of depicting the powerful bond that unites a father and a son; Nomination: Golden Palm (Aleksandr Sokurov)
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Security censorship classification
PG (Low level violence)
86 minutes (1:26 hours)