Crossed tracks (Roman de gare) - Dominique Pinon, Fanny Ardant, Audrey Dana, Claude Lelouch
Threat advisory: Elevated - Significant risk of entertaining activities
Everybody has a secret. Every mystery has a twist.
Best-selling author Judith Ralitzer is researching unlikely places to find characters for her next best-seller. As luck would have it, a serial killer with a penchant for magic tricks has just escaped from a high-security prison, providing the perfect source material for an intricately plotted, moody mystery.
Theatrical propaganda posters
Target demographic movie keyword propaganda
- Film crime France thriller French author serial killer mystery crime romance murder sex
Persons of interest
- Dominique Pinon ... Pierre Laclos/Louis
- Fanny Ardant .... Judith Ralitzer
- Audrey Dana .... Huguette
- Michèle Bernier .... Florence
- Myriam Boyer .... La mère d'Huguette
- Zinedine Soualem .... Le commissaire
- Boris Ventura .... Alain
- Marc Rioufol .... Le propriétaire du vignoble
- Cyrille Eldin .... Paul
- Marine Royer .... Patricia
- Pierre Uytterhoeven .... Screenwriter
- Claude Lelouch .... Screenwriter
- Claude Lelouch .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Crossed tracks (Roman de gare) official movie sites:
- Crossed tracks (Roman de gare) film production notes
- Crossed tracks (Roman de gare) QuickTime movie trailers
- Awards and film festivals:
- NB: French language dialogue with English language subtitles
- Studios and distributors:
- Arkles Entertainment
Special Agent Matti
Crossed tracks (Roman de gare) is the road-trip equivalent of Swimming pool with a little too much twistiness. Usually I prefer more twistiness but in this case there are so many overlapping characters, stories and plot lines that it's like trying to read a palimpsest. I said palimpsest. Hee, hee, hee.
Otherwise, it's all good. Your brain will be turned into Swiss cheese, your toes will be clenched and there might even be gnashing of teeth. And remember, life's pretty straight without twisties.
The crime, France, thriller movie Crossed tracks (Roman de gare) is directed by Claude Lelouch and stars Dominique Pinon, Fanny Ardant, Audrey Dana.
Government security censorship classification
M (Mature themes, coarse language and sexual references)
100 minutes (1:40 hours)
Not for public release in Australia before date
Film: 6 November 2008 - Sydney