Threat advisory: High - High risk of entertaining activities
Considered one of the greatest films of all time for its spectacular animation, spellbinding story and endearing characters, Disney's timeless classic Cinderella will live in your heart forever!
The kind and beautiful Cinderella dreams of romance and a better life while serving the selfish needs of her wicked stepmother and two jealous stepsisters. With the help of her mischievous mice friends, Gus and Jaq, and a little Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo from the magical wand of her fairy godmother, Cinderella meets the handsome prince charming at the royal ball. But as she flees the castle, before the stroke of midnight breaks the spell, Cinderella leaves behind a single glass slipper... leading to the ultimate fairy tale ending!
With Oscar-nominated music (Best song and Best score, 1950) and some of the most memorable scenes in cinematic history, Cinderella is an enchanting dream come true for your entire family!
Limited release digitally restored collector's edition with exclusive unseen footage on the making of the movie.
Persons of interest
- Ilene Woods .... Cinderella
- Eleanor Audley .... Lady Tremaine
- Verna Felton .... Fairy Godmother
- Rhoda Williams .... Drizella
- James MacDonald .... Gus, Jaq, Bruno
- Luis Van Rooten .... King, Grand Duke
- Don Barclay .... Doorman
- Lucille Bliss .... Anastasia
- June Foray .... Lucifer
- Betty Lou Gerson .... Narrator
- Clint McCauley .... Mice
- William Phipps .... Prince Charming
- Lucille Williams .... Perla
- Charles Perrault .... Author: Cendrillon
- Ken Anderson .... Screenwriter
- Homer Brightman .... Screenwriter
- Winston Hibler .... Screenwriter
- Bill Peet .... Screenwriter
- Erdman Penner .... Screenwriter
- Harry Reeves .... Screenwriter
- Joe Rinaldi .... Screenwriter
- Ted Sears .... Screenwriter
- Clyde Geronimi .... Director
- Wilfred Jackson .... Director
- Hamilton Luske .... Director
Special Agent Matti
Now despite the fact that Cinderella is so-o-o politically incorrect on so-o-o many fronts, it's a great film to watch. The story is enchanting, the characters are endearing, the music is delightful, the animation is stunning... I'm beginning to sound like a publicist!
Cinderella has almost everything you could want in a fairy tale, in glorious two-dimensional Technicolour (over 1500 glorious technicolours, in fact). Being the 50s, the story is sanitised from the Brothers Grimm version (on which I grew up and in which the ugly stepsisters hacked off bits of their anatomy in order to try and fit the glass slipper - and they say body image problems are a modern thing), but it will still make a great baby sitter. And you can always watch it for yourself when the ankle biters are in bed.
The Making of "Cinderella" bit at the end was made in the 90s and features interviews with Disney staff who worked on the film, loads of archival footage and a whole lot of stuff about the studio itself. It's pretty dry after watching Cinderella itself, but still very informative. Maybe you could save it for later and ask the nippers some questions about it to engage their thought processes. DVDs can be entertaining and educational!
Security censorship classification
74 minutes (1:14 hours)
Not for public release in Australia before date
DVD retail: 23 July 1999