Catch me if you can - Steven Spielberg, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks, Christopher Walken
Threat advisory: High - High risk of entertaining activities
Frank Abagnale Junior (Leonardo DiCaprio) worked as a doctor, a lawyer and as a co-pilot for a major airline - all before his 18th birthday.
A master of deception, he was also a brilliant forger, whose skill gave him his first real claim to fame: at the age of 17, Frank Abagnale Junior became the most successful bank robber in the history of the USA. FBI agent Carl Hanratty (Tom Hanks) had made it his prime mission to capture Frank and bring him to justice, but Frank is always one step ahead of him, baiting him to continue the chase.
Persons of interest
- Leonardo DiCaprio .... Frank Abagnale Junior
- Tom Hanks .... Carl Hanratty
- Christopher Walken .... Frank Abagnale Senior
- Amy Adams .... Brenda
- Martin Sheen .... Brenda's Father
- Frank John Hughes .... Tom Fox
- Brian Howe .... Earl Amdursky
- Shane Edelman .... Doctor Harris
- Mike Baldridge .... Terry
- Jamie Anderson .... Ailene
- Jessica Collins .... Peggy
- Chris Ellis .... Agent Witkins
- Tiffany Glass .... Miss Mason
- Kam Heskin .... Candie
- Deborah Kellner .... Deborah Jo
- Ellen Pompeo .... Marci
- Camille Wainwright .... Mary
- Frank W Abagnale Junior .... Author: Catch me
- Jeff Nathanson .... Screenwriter
- Ed Walsh .... Screenwriter
- Steven Spielberg .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Catch me if you can official movie site
- Catch me if you can movie trailers:
- Awards and film festivals:
- See also Alpha Dog
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Catch it while you can.
Despite being 7 minutes too long, Catch me if you can is an entertaining and informative biography that celebrates the larrikin spirit that Australians know and love so well. Leonardo DiCaprio is good as the young Frank and great as the old Frank - it's a great make-up job, too - while Tom Hanks manages to make the hero less than sympathetic (that's a good thing: in a studio system that likes heroes heroic and baddies bad it's a remarkable achievement).
Fun for the whole family.
Security censorship classification
M (Anti-social behaviour, adult concepts)
100 minutes (1:40 hours)
Not for public release in Australia before date
Film: 9 January 2003