Behind enemy lines II: Axis of Evil - Nicholas Gonzales, Keith David, Matt Bushell, James Dodson
Threat advisory: Guarded - General risk of entertaining activities
The fate of the world hangs in the balance in this explosive action thriller. When a team of US Navy Seals is assigned to destroy a North Korean missile site and avert a possible nuclear strike, failure is not an option. But the mission is abruptly aborted, stranding four soldiers in enemy territory. Now, in order to survive, they must defeat the rebel forces that threaten their lives, their allies and the entire free world.
Theatrical propaganda posters
Target demographic movie keyword propaganda
- Film action military US Navy Seal North Korea missile nuclear thriller capture traitor
Persons of interest
- Nicholas Gonzalez .... Lieutenant Robert James
- Matt Bushell .... Master Chief Neil "Spaz" Calahan
- Peter Coyote .... US President
- Keith David .... Scott Boytano
- Ben Cross .... Commander Tom Mackey
- Bruce McGill .... General Norman T Vance
- April Grace .... Ellie Brilliard
- Shane Edelman .... Cam Dunlevey
- Joseph Steven Yang .... Commander Hwang
- Kenneth Choi .... Ambassador Li
- Denis Arndt .... Director Weylon Armitage
- Dennis James Lee .... Colonel Lip
- Glenn Morshower .... Admiral Wheeler
- Eyal Podell .... Ensign David Barnes
- Vlado Mihailov .... XO
- Mykel Shannon Jenkins .... Meideros
- Seung-hwan Lee .... Ping
- Savannah .... Piper
- Hyun Joo Shin .... Colonel Chung Joon
- Atanas Srebrev .... Bellantino
- James Dodson .... Screenwriter
- James Dodson .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Behind enemy lines II: Axis of Evil official movie site
- Behind enemy lines II: Axis of Evil film production notes
- Behind enemy lines II: Axis of Evil QuickTime movie trailers
- Awards and film festivals:
- See also Behind enemy lines, Black hawk down
- Studios and distributors:
- Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Special Agent Matti
Bang! Bang! Bang! Boom.
Behind enemy lines II: Axis of Evil is no great shakes as a military film (TV's The unit does Special Forces much better) but there's plenty of action with a military flavour and some political machinations (which The West Wing does much better).
The weirdest part is the fancy schmancy camera action - power zooms, high-speed segments, jump cuts - mixed in with some post production colourisation, bleaching, layering. It's all very pretty but it doesn't do anything to help the story along, which turns it into artistic wank or filler. Neither is a good thing. James Dodson's script has an under-developed feel, as if an early draft had been sitting on a shelf somewhere at Fox then suddenly whipped into production to cash in on the War of Terror.
Still, the shooting is fun and the explosion is BIG! Lots of fun for the boys.
FYI: The TV footage of talking heads the livens up the end credits refers to the large explosion that took place in Ryanggang Province, North Korea on 9 September 2004.
The action, military movie Behind enemy lines II: Axis of Evil is directed by James Dodson and stars Nicholas Gonzales, Keith David, Matt Bushell.
Media intelligence (DVD)
- Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
- Languages: English
- Picture: Widescreen
Government security censorship classification
MA 15+ (Strong combat violence)
96 minutes (1:36 hours)
Not for public release in Australia before date
DVD rental: 12 September 2007