Be cool - John Travolta, Uma Thurman, Cedric the Entertainer, F Gary Gray
Threat advisory: High - High risk of entertaining activities
Everyone is looking for the next big hit.
John Travolta is back as Chili Palmer in Be cool, a sequel to the comedy smash Get Shorty.
This time, Chili becomes a different kind of "hit" man - he abandons the movie industry to bring his wiseguy skills and negotiation tactics to the music business. When a friend is offed while they're at lunch, Chili takes the opportunity to visit the guy's wife, Edie (Uma Thurman), and pitch himself as her new business partner at an independent record label. With promising young pop-star-in-training Linda Moon (Christina Milian) as his protégé, Chili has to juggle her faux-urban manager Raji (Vince Vaughn), his gay, wannabe-actor bodyguard (The Rock), Russian mobsters, and eloquent gangsta music producer Sinclair Russell (Cedric the Entertainer) to save the label and land a hit - and keep from getting popped himself.
Persons of interest
- John Travolta .... Chili Palmer
- Uma Thurman .... Edie Athens
- Cedric the Entertainer .... Sinclair "Sin" Russell
- Brian Christensen .... Hairy Russian
- Danny DeVito .... Martin Weir
- James Gandolfini .... Bear
- Arielle Kebbel .... Robin
- Harvey Keitel .... Nicki Carr
- Christina Milian .... Linda Moon
- Minae Noji .... Miss Bangkok
- Robert Pastorelli .... Joe Loop
- Vince Vaughn .... Raji
- Elmore Leonard .... Author
- Peter Steinfeld .... Screenwriter
- F Gary Gray .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Be cool official movie site
- Be cool movie trailers:
- Awards and film festivals:
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
Be cool is a fun crime comedy, just like Get Shorty. This means that it is twisty, funny, violent and heroic (deep down, all criminals have a heart of gold). This also means that it's unsurprising, uninspiring and unoriginal.
Security censorship classification
M (Low level violence, low level coarse language)
119 minutes (1:59 hours)