Threat advisory: Guarded - General risk of entertaining activities
He wasn't much of a man... now he's not much of an animal.
From the producers of the comedy smash Deuce Bigalow: male gigolo comes The animal, about small, wimpy Marvin (Rob Schneider), who doesn't have what it takes to fulfill his lifelong dream to be a cop. But his luck changes when he's critically injured in a car accident and a deranged scientist secretly uses animal organs to rebuild him. Energised by his new parts, Marvin leaves his weakness behind and achieves instant fame as a supercop.
Now a hero, life is going great for Marvin... until his animal instincts start taking over his body at all the wrong times. Marvin struggles to remain civilised, and be a perfect gentleman with his new love, Rianna (Colleen Haskell) in a series of hilarious situations that would drive any animal crazy.
Persons of interest
- Rob Schneider .... Marvin Mange, Writer
- Colleen Haskell .... Rianna
- John C McGinley .... Sgt Sisk
- Edward Asner .... Chief Wilson
- Michael Caton .... Doctor Wilder
- Louis Lombardi .... Fatty
- Guy Torry .... Miles
- Bob Rubin .... Bob Harris
- Pilar Schneider .... Mrs De La Rosa
- Raymond Ma .... Mr Tam
- Michael Papajohn .... Patrolman Brady
- Ron Roggé .... Patrolman Jaworski
- Tom Brady .... Storywriter, Writer
- Luke Greenfield .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Studios and distributors:
Secret Agent Acid Thunder
You can do it! You can rip his balls off!
Adam Sandler and Norm Macdonald both have cameos in this movie which makes The waterboy look like a movie about a waterboy...
Poor Marvin Mange, he tries so hard - as do all happy Madison heroes - to fit into society. But this time, when his dream comes true, it's still not enough. When he finally meets a girl (who could also be a beast, by the way) and they do the mushy thang, the mob of irate villagers enters, camera right, bearing torches and pitchforks.
About as original as English muffins, The animal is sure to get you wondering why you ever saw Joe dirt.
Media intelligence (DVD)
- Commentaries: Luke Greenfield; Rob Schneider and the producers
- 4 never-before-seen Deleted scenes
- 6 Deleted scenes with introduction by Rob Schneider and branching function
- 20 minute behind-the-scenes featurette on the making of the movie with cast and crew interviews
- Animal instincts - a behind-the-scenes featurette on the making of the movie
- What's in Marvin - an interactive DVD game played with your remote control
- Trailers: Theatrical, bonus
- Talent profiles
- Picture disc
- Languags and Audio: English (5.1), French (5.1)
- Subtitles: English, French, Greek, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Hindi, Hebrew, Dutch, Bulgarian, Turkish, Arabic
- Widescreen (1.85:1/16:9 enhanced)
Security censorship classification
M (Sexual references)
83 minutes (1:23 hours)
Not for public release in Australia before date
Film: 2 August 2001
DVD rental: 2 January 2002
VHS rental: 2 January 2002